When Senior Thesis and Marvel Collide

No, my senior thesis is not about Marvel directly, but I did come up with two Bucky Barnes/OC plots because of my research, and I'm not even sorry about it.

If you didn't already know, I'm a history major. I started working on my senior thesis this semester, and I've been doing endless research on female spies during the Civil War, gender roles of the time, and just what intelligence was like back then in general. I've been Bucky Barnes trash for years. He was always my favorite Marvel character when I read the Captain America comics when I was younger, and the Winter Soldier arc in the comics was my favorite arc ever. Ed Brubaker is one of my favorite people on the planet because of it, to be honest.

Needless to say, with the Civil War press tour in full swing, my love for all things Bucky Barnes has flared up once more, and that sort of collided with my senior thesis research and I came up with two plots that I'm in love with. I'm really tempted to turn one or both into stories, but I don't know if I'll have time to keep up with them with so many things coming up in the next couple of months. I might try to start up a roleplay or two involving one or both of the plots. I'm not sure yet...if you would like to talk all things Bucky Barnes, or really just Marvel in general, feel free to comment on this blog or message me!
April 19th, 2016 at 09:51pm