Colours

Colours, we see them every day and every single one has a special subconscious or conscious meaning to us. Lets go into this, shall we? I will first give the colour, the meaning and a little something more.

White - the colours of purity, honesty, a rather psychological colour. We associate white with virginity and innocenc, and i sometimes wonder why. In China, people wear white when in mourning. Interesting, isn't it?

Red - lust, passion, strong emotions, strength, liveliness, shows off your confidence and brings good luck. Red roses for instance, the symbol of lust, romance, love. Red is also sometimes associated with bad luck for it is the colour of blood, but thus also symbolizes life. Wonderful opposites, eh?

Pink - sweet love. Friendship, good luck, making up after a quarrel, harmony. Its usually associated with little girls and their princess fantasies. Cute. But still, why? Not every girl likes pink, and indeed, i'm still not sure, why do we associate pink with girls? Why not yellow or green?

Orange - confidence, optimism, happiness, energy and ambition. My room is creamy orange. And the colour can really cheer you up, personal experience.

Brown - the soil, a protective shield, associated with natural wit and the bond to nature. The soil is brown, life comes from the soil and goes back to it to start another endless circle.

Yellow - thinking and learning, celebrates accomplishments. Sometimes also associated with bi-sexuals. Why? no idea, and if i did, i'd think it was a dumb one. When you send someone yellow roses, the thoughts behind it are always platonic. A rather happy colour.

Green - calming, soothing, relaxing. Associated also with wealth and fertility. It is one of the colours of nature, thus we know where the fertility bit came from. As for the wealth, in the olden times, when you were rich, you had lots of land, land is usually green, hence the connection.

Blue - the colour of the soul, it represents healing, idealism and hidden protection. Also associated with the element of water. Its a very powerful colour, and is also associated with little boys. Why? well, red and blue are in our minds, well, parallel colours, hence the pink and blue conception.

Purple - it marks mental strength and unites us on higher levels. It also associated with homosexuals. Why? I really do wonder, i wish i knew, i think i did at one point or another, but i've forgotten. If anyone can, please refreshen my memory.

Black - the colour of revenge, communication with the other dimensions and the end of something. But when there's an end, there is also a new beginning. It also represents wiseness and strength, yet insecurity. We wear black when in mourning. It brings out the paleness of our skin, and our true selves, without other colours butting in. Yet it also radiates loneliness to some degree, and a hint hidden danger.

Silver - visions, intuition and the revelations of hidden abilities. Silver is one of the brightest metals. i wear to silver rings on my left hand index finger, both bearing symbols. One is the greek symbol for eternal life and the other the 400 year old Irish Gladdach. Silver jewellery has always had more value than gold because its not as showy, yet has twice the associated power. For instance we like to believe that vampires can't touch silver objects.

Gold - great accomplishments, wealth and longevity. Gold is a rather soft metal, associated with money and gambling, and all else that falls under handling money.

If i missed anything, let me know and i will edit this entry.
October 14th, 2007 at 04:52am