Dear Friend With No Children. Rant.

So today I need to rant.

I had just sat down to feed Benjamin his lunch when I got a text from my neighbor friend (keep in mind our houses are attached to one another) asking if I wanted to go to the civic center that's in front of our house, to watch some local show. I politely said: "I can't I'm feeding Benjie and I'm in too much pain anyway. Thank you though!" I started my period (TMI, I know.) and when I start, I'm in crazy amounts of pain for a few days. Today is one of those days.

She texted back saying "Feel better" So I said, "Thanks! Hopefully by Tuesday I'll be good enough to go to the girls night at Kelsey!" Well, just before I sent that text, I got a new on from her saying.

"Hope I don't lose my life when we have kids!" So after I sent the above text. I read this one again, I wasn't sure how to take it. Was she joking? or was she being passive aggressive? So I replied with:

"Haha, You'll have your husbands help so you'll be fine lol" And just before I sent that, she texted,

"Nah, I'm boycotting Kelseys anyways." I sent the above text and then respond to this new one saying "Oh"

Then I knew she was upset with me and I did something to set her off. There is a lot of back story on my friend and I don't want to say all that is going on, but she is the type of person who will be pissed if you don't do something with her right in that moment.

So I told Jeff (hubby) what happened. I told him I wasn't just gonna stop feeding Benjamin to go watch some crappy show. Benjamin comes first. Always. I can't just jump every time she wants to do something. She always asks me to do stuff when I don't have the money to do it or i'm busy taking care of my son.

Just the other day, she came over, after her husband telling her NOT to, and rang the door bell and ran back into her house. Benjamin was sleeping. He woke up. Because anytime someone comes to my door and knocks or rings the bell my dog goes crazy. Her husband knew Benjie was asleep and told her he was but she did it anyway. Did I text her and lash out? No, because it was a one time thing. I was a little mad yes, but I brushed it off.

But the fact that she got mad at me over this really bothers me. She has a drinking problem so I don't know if that is playing a part in this. But still , I can't stand it when people are passive aggressive with me. If you have an issues with me, tell me and I'll see if I can fix it.

If I have an issues with someone I confront them about it. But atm I can't confront her because I'm not sure if she's drunk or not and I cant just ask her because it's a touchy subject with her right now. And it just sucks because our houses are connected...We share a backyard...

I'm sure once she has kids she will see she can't just drop what she's doing to go hangout with people.

How would you deal with this?
May 1st, 2016 at 10:38pm