Blake Interviewed cleopatra.

For those of you that don't know cleopatra. she is a complete sweetheart and you should go befriend her because she's really nice to talk to. She also told me this really creepy disgusting fact about centipedes but she promises to protect me so we're all good.

And because you didn't click on this blog to read my ramblings...

The basics

Name: Nikita is my professional affiliation, buuuuttt only close friends and family call me Nikki

Where are you from: Born and raised here in boring old California where the sun never wants to go down and the sky is depressed as all hell, but still won't cry

When did you join Mibba? Oh goodness, about seven years ago in '09? I came here a few months before the great Quzilla migration so I'm glad to be apart of history.

Writing

Do you prefer writing original or fan fiction? I used to write a lot of fan fiction, but as of recent I've turned towards original. I occasionally write for fan fictions which revolve Korean drama's or movies..or the fact that some Korean actors are so hot, I can't even resist.

What's your favorite genre to write? Action, horror, thriller, war, and the slightest touch of romance

Where do you like to write? I'm usually barricaded in my room all day. Either I get my inspiration there or I head over to the library and find a decent corner to work in. It's great hanging around there. I've been doing it since I was about thirteen to be exact!

When you first get an idea for a story, what do you do with it? Judging by how many ideas I do get in a day, I try really hard to write them down as they come, which is why I always carry around a notepad and pen in my handbag. Can't ever go wrong with being prepared!

When coming up with a character, do you do anything special? Well, my characters are like my babies so I want to make them as imperfect as possible, since realism is key to my plotting of OC's. I for the life of me can never write about a person who has a perfect family or stable life since I was raised in a rather bad environment, but I think it overall enhances the plot

With any of the stories you're working on (feel free to promote them!), do you have any notes about events or characters that your reader's don't know about? If so, can we get the skinny? Oh, so much, ha ha. In my Dragonage based fan fiction, Embrium, the main OC's that've come together after the events of start of an Inquisition setting are forced to sacrifice one thing they take for granted that helps them in their day-to-day lives. So whether that would be losing a sense, personal love interest, or close companion is up to the reader's imagination to say the least.

What's one story you're proud of? Why are you proud of it? As of recent, I've incorporated parts of my own world into my other Dragonage fiction (can you tell I'm total DA trash because I am), Divinity. I've always wanted to create a world and I had the capability of doing such a thing after some interesting ideas through my Origins playthrough. Anyway, my main OC, Edith Sunderland, is a very strong female lead who has to take over the title of Commander after her leader falls in battle. She's a young woman not knowing what to do and certainly has the effects of the world weighing upon her shoulder, but she see's the fear of her rookie comrades and vows to protect them. I think it's a more "finding yourself" kind of story, with the usual hints of war on the horizon and definitely the sacrifices of loyal warriors who come together in dark times. I can't help but fall for the love Edith has for her friends. Though there's romance in the story, she finds herself as the odd one out because she's intent on the job at hand. I love her character because she's not completely able to understand "love" especially when she's incapable of loving herself.

Any tips for your fellow writer's? Write for yourself. Always be proud of yourself because every piece no matter long or short is worthy of another person's time and could reach out and change a life. Words are very powerful and that's why we're all here. We have a way with them even if others don't understand them. At the end of the day, the reflection of our soul in our writing is capable of reaching out and touching someone else's heart.

Is there a question you wish someone would ask you just so you could answer it? I guess the question would be: "Are you a lesbian?" to which: No, I'm not. I don't define my sexuality because I never had the need to identify. I consider that a way to rebel against the norm of labels and what not. But to perfectly summarize, I don't care about someone's sexuality or gender or gender-identity. If I happen to fall in love with you, it regards your heart and mind. I also need an emotional connection of sorts. YOU'RE WELCOME BASIC BITCHES FROM HIGH SCHOOL.

Mibba

How did you choose your username? Before when I was part of the K-Pop Fandom Club, I would always change my username depending on who my bias was (many would remember me as park yoochun, shim changmin, or t.o.p notch), but after slowly getting tired of those antics, I decided to go with cleopatra. as I was obsessed with her at one point reading up on stories and history and watching all those documentaries and what not. It's stuck ever since.

How do you enjoy being on the Magazine Staff? It's so wonderful! I have a thing editing articles and stuff and I think it's great when writer's submit to Mibba because you learn so many cool things. It's like a sneak-peek at a book that hasn't even been published yet. I feel so cool and honored.

Who do you stalk (on Mibba)? I laughed way too hard at this question, lmfao. I stalk a wide variety of people as I'm rather skilled in such a thing. raja sahara, starfire., losing control., swell, dawn of light—the list can honestly go on. I EVEN STALK YOU, BLAKE, MY LOVE.

Do you get excited when someone is coming out with a new story or anything like that? Of course! I encourage all my Mibbian friends to be proud of their never-ending ideas and I love seeing the creativity range from all the people I'm relatively close with. Talent is never-ending here on Mibba and it's absolutely beautiful.

Give me five stories that need to be subscribed to: Oh gosh, I suck at reading up on stories on here, but I'll give you a few that have been my obsession in a land far, far away. Hate This and I'll Love You, Piper June, Perfect, Mission J, and The Eclipse Prince.

Favorite comment ever received? I remember Katie once commented on this story I had, The Ivy Club. It was the longest comment ever even though I hated my writing style (now that I'm looking over it). Even so, I'm flattered someone would take their time to read and fangirl on something I put a lot of effort into.

Favorite thread in the forum: The Asian and Anime Fandom Club's because two of my favorite things being discussed and fangirled over by hot Mibbians.

Random

Favorite scent? Pumpkin spice, mahogany, or hazelnut since those are the candles I usually invest in from Bath and Body Works. Makes my room light up with elegance!

Weird habits? I act out dialogue or scenes I want to write about when I take a shower which is usually why I take long showers since my mind wanders. I'll be in the middle of my shampoo cycle when I'm literally like, "AND THEN EDITH RODE IN ON HER STALLION SWINGING HER LONGSWORD WITH EASE AND PRECISION!" annnnnnnnnd that's another reason why I almost always get soap in my eyes.

Favorite song to have on repeat? Guess that depends on what I'm working on regarding stories. As of now? A few Imagine Dragon singles with the occasional hour repeat of Barnes Courtney's "Fire" and "Glitter and Gold"

Celebrity crush? Paul Bettany as I rewatched Firewall, Priest and Legion today. Then there's Sungwoong Park, a Korean actor whose oh-so smoking at forty-three years of age. Jeremy Renner is a fine fox as well. Oh, and so is Woosung Jung and Jung Jae Lee and Beomsoo Lee and...we'll stop right there because—OH, AND DONGGUN JANG—okay, now I'm done.

Social media? I'm mostly always on Twitter and rummaging through Tumblr when my queue drops dangerously low.

What, if any, TV shows do you enjoy? TWD for sure because who doesn't want Andrew Lincoln all aggressive and sexy running around beheading zombies? It's honestly the only TV show I genuinely love.

Favorite book? Did you hear that? That was the sound of my brain exploding. Let's see, I really don't have a favorite book, but authors on the other hand are exceptional people. Sarah Dunant is my new favorite since she's a writer of renaissance novels. I've certainly grown up from the typical teenage romance books and what not, bu Marie Lu is relatively talented in that area though the only thing I've read from her is Young Elites and it was different by all means. J.K Rowling ranks pretty high up there as well! Can never go wrong with a weirdo who loves magic, can you?

Which Hogwarts House do you belong in? AHA, my talk of J.K Rowling before I even realized this question existed just goes to show that this interview is *sprinkles fairy dust everywhere* magical. Ahem, but I belong to house Slytherin. Not that I'm wretchedly evil and the such which I totally can be, but I think I'd be one of those people who, despite my lack of caring in some sense, would always fight for the greater good, even if my affiliation to Lord Voldemort would be strong.
Thank you again Nikki for answering all these questions! Who else had a good time reading them and is now going to try and go stalk her in return?
May 2nd, 2016 at 10:27pm