"You Don't Look Handicapped"

Well, Mibba, it's finally happened. I was pulled over by the cops.

I always thought I'd be ya know, scared shitless about it because ah the police! But, honestly, I am just pissed.

They pulled me over because my car doesn't have a front license plate and...because the back one is a...wait for it...HANDICAP TAG. This. This is why I'm pissed.

His reasoning for pulling me over was because "Well, you don't look handicapped." I was fucking FLOORED. Like yeah okay- this is my fathers car, and he's the one who got the tags put on it with the handicap thing. But, for fucks sake, I, like my father, am physically disabled. I am allowed to drive this car.

So, of course I told him in the sweetest way possible I am in fact disabled. He laughed and was like physically? I was like yes, physically. And he just shut his mouth and took my license. I'm soooooooo angry!

I kept my cool with him and kept it sweet because I didn't want him getting all.......cop-ish on me. Grossssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. Ugh!

So- after being pulled over, I noticed 7 DAMN CARS WITHOUT A FRONT LICENSE PLATE WITHIN 10 MINUTES! SEVEN. S E V E N.

I just feel like...he pulled me over because physically disabled has a look now, and I don't look it.

And I'm angry.
May 3rd, 2016 at 12:37am