Throwing Some SMC Shade in the Kool-Aid.

Hey meebsters, can I be honest for a hot second? Like without losing my head to the Red Queen or being stampeded by blue-ranch buffaloes, would be great.

I don't particularly like seasons one and two of Sailormoon Crystal.
Image


I know. How dare I? I must be an untrue fan. I am a fake fan for my opposition and the Sailormoon Gods and the Internet Gods will smite me down for having a different opinion. Seeing as how those are outlawed, anyway.

They had a good idea. However, the art... at times, were atrocious.
Image
Image


Don't get me wrong. The further the series got, the better the art got. The less mistakes were made. I mean chibi-moon was cute. Not going to lie, the reason I forced myself to get through was because the stills from season three were so gorgeous.

Another issue I, personally, had was the lack of bonding. In the original there was so many scenes of the girls doing things together, of Chibi-Usa getting in the way. Even when Wiseman had a hold on Chibi-Usa's heart we got memories of how alone she felt. Like the birthday and when she fell.

We did get a snippet of how she was bullied. I mean... I just didn't feel the bite from Rei between her and Usagi. Didn't see all that much of Ami's love for chess. Was pretty sad how fast the villian's were defeated...

Some good points! I loved Diamond, still hot. Even Rubeus was kinda hot... So glad King Endymion wasn't in purple.

Oh and that Tuxedo Mask wasn't a good for nothing rose fanatic. That was a major plus.

I am only two episodes into three and already am in love.

Image
Image


And my word, Haruka is super hot. I may not have been a fan of her to begin with, but dear Lord... she is one hot bish right now. Like... she made my girlhood quiver.

Do like the shape changes to Luna and Artemus. Love the added sparkle to their eyes. And the proportions are pretty good. No more sharpened ankles. Roundness ftw.

Also, aleady got snarky comments from Rei. A few fight scenes between Chibi-Usa and Usagi. So far, so good.

I just wish it had started off this way. Better late than never.

Anyway, I'm off to finish re-reading Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. Hit me up on kik for some chats. Rabbityfox.

Ciao, my loves. (Apologies for any broken code or text, I'm writing from my tablet.)
May 6th, 2016 at 08:41am