How to Get Over a Bad Friend?

I'm sharing this, because I feel I'm not alone in this situation.

There has been someone in my life I have been best friend's with for almost three years. we have been through everything you could think of (Except murder). When I first met her, she was shy, and wasn't sure about our friendship at first, because she had so many other friends and thought she didn't need anymore, but I helped her through some boy troubles and we instantly became closer. I got her away from all the bad influenced people in her life, people she used to be best friends with, was I wrong for that? They were horrible to her, tried pressuring her into doing illegal things and I didn't want to see her going down the wrong path so I swept her up and took her away from them.
she started dating someone I introduced her to on and off for about a year and in that time we became so close, we were inseparable. I was the one she went to when they fought and broke up every other day, and I gave her the best advice I possibly could and at that time, she took it. She met so many people in her life and still kept me as her best friend even though all these incredible people were talking to her, I was her number one priority as she was mine as well.

In December of 2014, she started changing a lot, not sure what had happened, I moved away a few months prior to another state over personal matters, and it was hard for both of us, so I blame that on myself, but not the one thing. I was supposed to move back, and live with her for a while until we could get our own place, we made these huge plans about how when we raised enough money we were going to move to Las Vegas and get an apartment together and hang with a good friend who lives there, everyday and go watch Criss Angel preform every night. But things changed, she changed. And now we're no longer best friends, barely friends. As personal as this may be, I am saying this because I have been holding in so much about her I have no one to go to, and writing about stuff, personal or not has always helped me.

She has tried coming back in my life to make amends but I couldn't forgive her, she's changed so poorly, It is almost unbelievable. She constantly ignores me, ditches plans with me, and hangs with the most horrible people, which changed her into doing illegal things which I can no longer stop her from doing. How do I get over this? This heart break, jealousy, and anger over losing her and watching her life fall apart is horrible, I can't be around that yet feel I can't just get rid of her when things get bad, is there a way for me to move on?

Blog Layout credit: delirium.
May 9th, 2016 at 01:34am