I Promise to Sing to You When All the Music Dies

Todays blog challenge is "The person you like and why you like them" and that isn't a challenge for me at all :)

WARNING: this post will be very mushy and emotional and sappy. Proceed with caution.

I LOVE my Boyfriend, Don.

I love his infectious smile, his happy-go-lucky attitude, and how he's a total goofball. I love his self-confidence. I love how he gets along with everyone in my family and is practically best friends with my Dad. How my family loves him so much that they call him my Fiance/Husband. I love how he helped me with my work over the Winter when he had his own job and didn't HAVE to help me with mine. How he changes light bulbs for me at work because I'm too scared. How he'll drive me wherever I need to go when he gets home from work if I was too lazy to do anything during the day. How he helped my Dad, Mom, Siblings, Memere, and Uncle Bob so much with all the different moves when my Dads other brother and Sister and their families wouldn't even help.

I love how he treats me, how he calls me his princess, his blue dreamy, his buttercup. I love how he's understanding, about everything. How he accepts me, flaws and all. How he's there during my morning excitement towards the new day, my afternoon cuddles in bed OR spontaneous adventure, and my 2 AM I-can't-sleep-because-my-thoughts-are-getting-too-real. I love that he cuddles me for however long I need, whenever, wherever. I love how he bends over backwards for me, and tries so hard to make me happy, even when it's something completely ridiculous. I love that he dances with me, sings to me, opens doors for me, surprises me with flowers and a bottle of soda, and rubs my forehead when I get too stressed out. How he'll be childish with me and play outside with squirt guns, but he'll also make me a nice, romantic spaghetti dinner

I love waking up to him in the morning, resting my head next to his at night, and everything in between. I love surprising him with breakfast or his favorite snacks, because he surely deserves it. He deserves so, SO much.

I love how he's a handy man, and can fix MOST things, and when he can't, we try to fix it as a team. And how we've put things together, like our grill, and our entertainment center, together as a team. I love how he'll watch my shows with me, and I'll watch his shows with him (with one exception). Same goes for movies and music. I love when he tells me I'm beautiful, and thin, and that my hair looks pretty even if it REALLY needs to be touched up and I haven't showered in a few days/a week.

I love how he accepts me for who I am and doesn't make me feel like an outcast, like I sometimes feel. How I can talk about the darkest parts of my mind and make jokes that are borderline-psychotic, and he doesn't judge me, he loves me just the same. I love how he's protective, and watches out for me. How he helped me get through a rough relationship (before we were together), and other tough parts of my life.

I love how he get's me, and how he explained to my Mom why I get so upset sometimes.... How my Moms opinion means SO much to me, and when we disagree or something it just really upsets me, and she understands now....

I love when he squeezes me really hard and it cracks my back, and when he has us do our special handshake thingy.

I love how I don't ever have to question his love for me... How our relationship has made me realize why it never worked out with anyone else, and has made me realize how I deserve to be treated.

I love every little thing about him, he is all I could ever ask for and more. I thank God, fate, whoever or whatever brought us together, every day for bringing him into my life. He is all I ever needed and I just wish I had met him sooner (but not REALLY because age difference, 15-year-old and a 41-year-old, awkward). After however long I thought this type of love didn't really exist, and everyday he shows me again and again that it does, and now until the rest of our lives I never have to be without it. Without him... He is my best friend, and I am truly blessed to have him in my life. :)
May 10th, 2016 at 03:15am