Trigger Warning: You're Too Sensitive

Okay, like. I'm a nice guy. Okay? Like seriously, I don't hate on people for the fun of it. I try my best to be as nice and accepting as possible. Hello, I'm gay and awarded so much acceptance and kindness, how could I look that in the face and spit in others'?
Okay so like, trigger warnings. Do people on here or tumblr even now what that means? A trigger warning is tool to reveal distressing material. We're talking like, trigger to a PTSD sufferer. Do you kids even know what PTSD is? I am not even going to bother telling because YOU SHOULD KNOW. If you don't? There's this thing, I don't know if you've heard of it, but it's called GOOGLE.
So all these kids demanding you trigger warn every little thing. Like, 'Omg, you can't post that picture of a girl in a hijab. Islam triggers me'. Girl, triggers WHAT? You're latent racism? Your inability to DEAL with REAL life?
I've been seeing trigger warnings for death. Are you serious?
Should I end this here?
on DEATH?
If you're triggered by death, I've got a BIG surprise for you honey. Spoiler alert. You're going to die. We are all going to die. People die every day. You're going to need to get over that.
NEXT. Self diagnosis. No.
There's a reason you go to a doctor to get diagnosed and don't just post about it on your blogs. YES, you may be suffering in some way. I do not mean in any way to undermine your feelings. But if you're saying you have PTSD because you think you may, or say you have depression because you don't want to do your homework, you are being harmful. Not only to yourself because you're too lazy to go and get diagnosed and get the help you need, you begin to represent what you think you have. How do you think it feels for man who has been to war and actually suffers PTSD and depression to be compared to a teenage girl who has period blues and doesn't like hearing about death?
It's bloody awful.

Okay, so i understand there is a lot of sensitive content out there that you might not be comfortable with, but that doesn't warrant a trigger warning. Newsflash: it is not everyone's responsibility to cater to you and your sensitivities. Real life does not have a filter. Grow the fuck up, hon. Yes, you can ask people to tag their content, and it's up to them if they want to or not (I do not blame mibbians for not tagging, for example: rape, incest, pregnancy, death, necrophilia. That's a whole damn plot. A gross one, but you know what? Those words aren't going to make me cry.)
Real talk, I totally support people embracing their own feelings and accepting and understanding their issues, but they can't adopt official terms just because they're convenient.

Tag your shit if you want. Don't be a dick if people don't. People have real reasons that they need trigger warnings, and you're making a mockery of it with your petty crap.

I'm sorry this came out so angrily. I know what it's like for people with genuine mental health issues that feel mocked and slandered by all these kids thinking they know the worst of everything. Not that kids can't feel these things...

Hugs and Kisses (unless you're triggered by those), Damien. XO
May 10th, 2016 at 07:16am