Interview With a Cleopatra.

I truly apologize for the lame title of this blog lol. It's a play on Interview with a Vampire ugh. Anyways, this is a long overdue interview with the lovely Nikki - cleopatra. - my Choose Your Zodiac Challenge contest winner! Read on and get to know her a little better!



MIBBA STUFF:


Tell us your name, your Mibba username, and your zodiac sign.


Everyone here knows me as Nikki though my real name is Nikita—based off the Russian movie La Femme Nikita which was released back in the 90's. On here though, my infamous mibs username is cleopatra.

interviewer comment: this is dope as hell omg.

When and why did you decide to join Mibba?

My goodness, I think I was twelve going on thirteen when I joined and that was...seven years ago roughly. Ah, I remember joining because my friends and I from middle school were part of the great Quizilla migration and it's rough to think I was such a kid then being that I just turned twenty this January.

Who's your fave user on Mibba?

I have so many people I'm madly in love with regarding their personalities and their aura, but I'm the most closest to Oceanid. We met about two years ago during a rush of Mibba events and coming together of people. We've exchanged numbers and have been talking ever since. I remember being totally intimidated of Jade because she was just the cutest thing ever, but I'm so happy we've started talking because every day is the best when you hear your phone chime with that designated text tone and it's basically your best friend ready for another day's adventure.

What story are you reading on Mibba at the moment that you'd HIGHLY recommend?

Oh god, I'm so bad at this, but I barely ever read stories on here. I support all my friends and acquaintances by recommending their work, but I'm a sucker for library books. I've actually been reading a few by Sarah Dunnet—who is amazing with all this high-fashioned Renaissance stuff. Birth of Venus, Blood and Beauty, and In The Company of a Courtesan are just fantastic.

ALL ABOUT NIKKI:


Describe yourself in 5 emojis or less!


This is the cutest thing ever, lol. First and foremost, I am the middle finger emoji frankly because I suck hell at texting back to everyone (but my beautiful Jade) and partly because people who argue with me through text usually get that as a response. I am also the cute little wave emoji, the sparkle emoji, the "writer's pen" emoji, and that one emoji with the sly smirk because that's basically me in a nutshell.

Image


What's a song you CANNOT stop listening to at the moment?

Being that I'm such a sucker for music, I literally have one or two jams a week before moving on. Currently what inspired me to write a few of my fantasy stories was Glitter and Gold and Fire by Barnes Courtney.

How old are you and at what age did you start writing?

I did mention that I'm twenty (getting older with each day but still rocking the twelve year old look) and that I turned to my second decade of life in January, but I do recall my mother saying that it was during a thunderstorm that I was birthed into the world on the 26th so I like to think I'm a hellspawn or the sort because that's so cool. I wish you could put that on your resume...

interviewer comment: LMAOOOO OMG

Anyway, I started writing at about ten? I remember in elementary school, my work won first place during a creative writing contest and I even had an honorary mention for a small story I wrote in my fifth grade class. It's safe to say that I want to be published. It's honestly such a dream.

Where are you from?

I'm from boring old SoCal with its bipolar heat waves and sometimes very cold nights. Born and raised and obviously very tired of this goddamn place.

What are your writing methods? Do you use outlines or do you just wing-it?

If anyone knows anything about me, it's that I simply can't wing anything anymore. I used to be great at it, but my writing was quite mediocre and as time progressed, I started outlining feverishly. A few stories I have published on here have been plotted out for months.

FAVORITES:


Favorite Starbucks drink?


I haven't had Starbucks in years after becoming lactose intolerant, but I used to love their hazelnut drinks. Now that I go to the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf for soy goodness that actually works well with me (I swear the soy in Starbucks still hated me), I get their ice blended hazelnut. It's a frappe so it reminds me of my first cafe love.

Favorite TV show?

The Walking Dead no doubt. BECAUSE HELLO RICK GRIMES AKA ANDREW LINCOLN AKA RICK GRIMES. But also such great character development and if we're being honest, it's such a depressing, messed up show, but it's so good.

Favorite pizza toppings?

Canadian bacon, pepperoni, sausage, meatballs, olives, jalapenos. I'm a carnivore, I can't help myself.

Favorite city?

I've been to NYC, but to be honest, it's absolutely horrible. The rush and everything hurts my head. If I could choose a city to stay in forever, I'd choose Fullerton which isn't that far from where I am—La Habra. I go to school in Fullerton and it's just...beautiful. I love it! And also like staying in my little bubble.

SHAMELESS PROMO:


Name a story of yours that you're most proud of and give a cute little summary of the plot.


I'm most proud of Divinity which is my fantasy fiction based off the game series known as Dragonage. It could be read as an original though!

Basically, my extraordinary and very kick ass OC Edith Sunderland is the reincarnation of a Creator God known as Talath who now rules the Underworld. She is to break the stereotypes of her people within the Descendant Society, and in doing so she joins the Warden's—a high-ranking Order known to serve man against the darkspawn enemies that sprout every Blight—and unites the lands when a Fifth War approaches.

interviewer comment: this sounds so intricate and amazing :o

Have you joined/won any contests lately (besides this one)? If so, show us your entries for them!

This is the first contest I've won in a year so I'm very proud of myself! But I did enter Awaken in dawn of light's crime contest.

CHOOSE YOUR ZODIAC CHALLENGE:


Besides the prompt that was assigned to you, what gave you the inspiration to write your contest-winning story Metamorphosis?


The prompt that was given to me is something I memorized, believe it or not. You walk into a bar and see your former abuser. Immediately I thought of my personal experiences. While many people would assume this abuser to be in the form of an ex-lover, I thought of my mom who used to horribly abuse me as a child. Up until four years ago did it stop, but only because she had gotten some help from opposing family members. Least to say my unit in itself is a dysfunctional one, but I used Avery Kona as my fictional self who fought against herself to overcome her past and when being faced with her abuser—who in fact came begging for forgiveness under extraordinary circumstances—she was faced with the option of withholding such forms of hate or letting go of something that was threatening to ruin her life.

interviewer comment: you are incredible!!!!!!!!!!

Did you check out any of the other entries for the CYZC contest?

I did! I read Sam by dawn of light and Because I Can by pocahontas.
May 13th, 2016 at 04:44am