Being a Writer With Depression

I finished NaPoWriMo. I was very proud.

And then, all at once, I was very burnt out, and didn't write anything for two weeks. Or...really do anything else for two weeks, for that matter.

I have a lot of reasons why that get pretty complicated, but at least like a third of it boils down to depression being absolutely exhausting.

Today, thanks to my husband's encouragement, I finally got some writing done, but not nearly as much as I need to and it's really overwhelming.

I did write an article that goes a little more in depth about what it's like to be a writer with depression.

You can find that HERE.

Also I did write a poem for WordPress I kind of like, and any feedback you guys could give on it would be fantastic. That can be found HERE.

I'm very tired, guys.

And also the concept of time has been really freaking me out. I don't know how to explain it fully yet, and thinking about it hard enough to explain it makes me feel all panicky. I end up spending a lot of time trying to distract myself from how little time there is in a day or in a weekend or in a lifetime and it's becoming something of an existential crisis. I don't like it. Make it stop.

...

Anyway. The writing that I linked to above was today's coping mechanism. WHEE.

Too much real talk? Too much real talk.

Hit me up if you want to fangirl with me over how amazing Hamilton is. I've probably listened to the soundtrack for a total of at least like 50 hours or so in the last month. Probably more than that but I'm bad at estimating time and stuff. IT'S AMAZING AND THAT WHOLE CAST IS BEAUTIFUL.
May 13th, 2016 at 05:18am