Stranger Danger

I was waiting for X this afternoon at the bus terminal.

Within an hour of waiting, this dude in front of me kept sneaking glances at me. My first impression was that he was really anxious about something and kept on glancing at everything.

It took a while to realize it was me he kept glancing at. He eventually moved to the seat beside me. From then on he kept looking at my phone screen, and I think he may have been reading my messages. I tried not to think anything of it at the time.

And then he started asking me questions. Where I'm going. What my name was. If I go to college. What school I go to. How old I am. I kept lying to him to get him off my back. Then he asked if he could get my number. I didn't answer him. He made me really uncomfortable.

I then went to the store at the side and bought chips just so I could change seats and get away from the guy. I sat on a bench, and realized he fucking followed me and also sat on the bench. I got a little nervous because it was an isolated place, and it was near the bathroom area, which already looked so sketchy.

At first he was at the far end of the bench, then he kept scooting closer and closer until we were uncomfortably close and kept rubbing his arm against my arm. And when he tried to rub his arm against my chest I jumped up and fucking speed walked to the other side of the terminal. After that, he was gone.

I just. Ugh. Disgusting. I wasn't prepared at the time, and I regret not making a scene. I wish I did something to catch people's attention. Like scream when he was following me or confront him loudly. Ugh.

This isn't the first time I got harassed. Sexual harassment does not choose a place. It happens in public, too. It's just really frightening because what if it escalates to rape or something. Like, what if I got killed.

I'm honestly shaken up even now.
May 20th, 2016 at 02:29pm