A Little Update

So, first and foremost I want to say that it wasn't a bad thing as to what happened last weekend.

We dropped my boyfriend's son off at his mom's (cause she finally wanted to see him after 3 months) and then we came home. My daughter's grandma (her father's mom) bailed on us and so my little one was home.
After her bedtime, Derek and I made dinner and watched some movies. It was cute. Well, I decided to work on a clay project and turned on some music for the process. What did I turn on? Something I grew up with that stuck: Faith Hill. I think the album is even called Faith.
I'm not usually one for country but nostalgia is always welcome when I work on my crafts.
I made another twisted clay mushroom, though when I make mushrooms I don't attach the cap until after the clay bakes so that it doesn't warp under the weight.
I made a dream catcher under the cap and tightened it around the stem to keep it in place.
Anyways, when I turned on the music, Derek looked at me and said "I feel like I married...." and I kinda didn't hear the rest. Since it was about the music, it was probably another comment about how his mom and I would get along since she loves country. The look on his face and tone weren't even in a tease all too much but his words made me want to smile into tears.

We aren't married, though we've been together over a year now and live together. We've also known each other since my freshman year in high school, though we didn't really start getting to know each other all too much until my senior year or just after.

We've never argued or fought, not once, and we try to keep to each other's boundaries. For the most part, it works. When he's in the gaming den, I try not to but him unless I'm just there to watch and then I usually just fall asleep.
And he understands that when I'm writing my books I get a little distant and emotionally detached.

But hearing what he said last night....I felt a flutter in my heart.
We both agree that we don't want to ever get married again. It's not that we have anything against it; we just don't see the point in it after our first ones failing.
Honestly, legal marriage is just a document that goes into the system for taxes and similar purposes.
Marriage didn't always exist.
We've both agreed that it won't make us love each other more or less than we already do.

Yet....hearing him say that....it made me happy.
I love him, with all that I am, and I can't help but love him more with each day.

I dunno. I don't want to look too much into this, and know I already have, but I don't know how to feel about it either..... Obviously, happy. That's a given. But, I mean more on a deeper note.
I also would like to add in a video for you all.
This is from my youtube and I hope you enjoy!
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxkhxXq50vs&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxkhxXq50vs&feature=youtu.be
Direct Link [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxkhxXq50vs&feature=youtu.be]Here
May 20th, 2016 at 11:48pm