Lost the Path to My Word Pool! Please Read, I Need Help.

I have been writing since I was 10 yrs old and I have written literally 100's of poems. I have 2 books in the Library of Congress, copyrighted as unpublished works and I have received many gold and silver certificates and publication in compilations of many writers works. I am not "putting forth" so to speak as I just write what I feel and my works are very dark and my view of the world.

I have hit that proverbial writers block and have not been able to produce anything worthy enough to post here. The last poem I posted was and I quote, "Too long!". Was Phantasmagoria too long? Childe Roland, To the Dark Tower Came too long? Was The Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner too long? Yes, Epic is over 5000 words but it is one of my best and I did start writing Epic II and if I can get back to that Pool of words, maybe I could catch the groove again and there will be another, so called "Too long" poem to add to my list of works. I do not write to please others and or for recognition, I write to get the darkness and the things I see, hear and feel of the world out of my head. I am interested in peoples honest opinion of my work and welcome critiques of what I write, as they are only opinions and everyone has one. I am, after all 55 yrs old and have been put in the grinder many times and have come out alive and kicking!!

I have read quite a few posts here and I realize that I am way older than a lot of you posting. I will tell you, that as my own children were growing, (I have 3 and the youngest is 18), they called me the encyclopedia, because I am a font of useless information, so to speak. I read everything and can glean something that I can use as a learning tool,from how to manuals, a childes preschool or secondary book to lyrics, encyclopedias, even a PDR. Words make me curious and the etymological root of words make me think.

Ok, so maybe not a font of useless or trivial information, that is just how I sometimes think of what I know. Sex, drugs and rock n roll? Of course! The occult and things unknown? Hell yeah! I regret nothing, but I have done things that I am not proud of........Oh well, such is life.

I am asking for some help and if maybe you would read some of my works and let me know what you think. I could use some constructive criticism to help me get back on that path. I have knowledge and knowledge is power, words are power and I NEED to find my word power anew!

I will not bore you with my problems, suffice it to say, Disabled, going through a divorce and fun and happiness are few and far between. I will persevere and I shall not give up on myself!!!

Thank you for reading, (if you do), let me hear from you and let me know what you think.
May 22nd, 2016 at 07:39am