Start of Something Potentially Special

Start of something potentially special

Work and boss
So today marks the last early shift Im ever going to do and the last weekend of work at my current job, its a really nice feeling knowing I dont have to get up at 4am anymore to come to work at a pretty dead end job. Instead Im working during the week with normal day shifts. Why? I decided that to give myself the best possible chance of tackling my course it would be good to have a normal sleeping pattern throughout the entire time. Early shifts kill you, once you get home you cant do anything or learn anything because your brain is so tired.... I also found out today that my boss is leaving, which is the best news ive had in a while, because I cant bloody stand him, one of the rudest people ive ever met and arguably the worst man manager I think ive ever come across. I will wish him luck tomorrow when he leaves but deep down I secretly will be rather happy.
Then my last day working here will be in the last week of July. Ive told my boss about leaving today and about how next year I want to follow my heart and do something I want to do, she has nothing but thanks and appreciation for me, and a little bit of inspiration to. I realise it takes a lot of balls to do what Im doing and what I plan to do, even more so with the background I have, most people who plan to do what Im doing are born into a family of money, whereas Ive been the opposite in terms of that.... I never stop to think about it because I like to think im too busy moving forward.

Course
The course itself is starting to take shape, Im pretty confident with most of the theory side of it, and as of Monday Im going to be taking it more seriously setting myself up with a proper rota of the theory that I need to learn. Then in a couple of weeks the practical side of it starts, something Im pretty nervous about but at the same time very excited about, itll be good fun to work and learn with new people for a couple of months.

Mood
My mood, obviously, is improving, I wouldnt say Im completely happy but I am happier than Ive been in a while, mainly because Ive started actually moving forward with life and achieving things I want to achieve. A lot of it at the moment isnt for the monetary side of life, its purely a starting point with the bigger picture still to be painted, and it provides me with a large amount of self fulfillment because I know this has been 1000% my sole independent decision and input. But it is just a starting point, the drive I have is produced by my ambition, something Ive always had from as far back as I can remember, and partly by the fact I get to go home and see family and friends in August.

Germany
This came up suddenly the other day, when James mentioned it myself and Jamie both took to the idea of going to Oktoberfest in September. Flights for them are peanuts from bournemouth, however for me they are £200 return, albeit from Aberdeen. I guess if you take in travel to and from bournemouth and the car parking fee it will be close to my amount, I never thought of that until now....
Id love to go to Munich for a week, it would be a deserved getaway prior to the start of university, but again, im not getting my own way as Jamie says he only wants to go for 4/5 nights, James isnt too bothered. 4/5 nights in a foreign country for me is more of a business trip than a holiday, thats why I spent 2 weeks in New York, a holiday to me is exactly that, a holiday, you get away from reality, you cool down, I cant do that in 4/5 bloody nights, its almost meaningless and in my mind not value for money.

Girls
There is one girl ive had a crush on for as long as I can remember but ive never actually had the balls to ask her out or ask her to do something, I think for the past 6 months or so ive been building this "i dont give a f*ck" attitude, at times its not good, but it certainly does more good than bad in my position with life. I think this week I might ask her if she wants to do something, and Jamie is quite right when he tells me whats the worst that could happen? She'll say no, and I might look a bit weird, but that doesnt bother me. If she says yes then who knows, could be the start of something.
I highly doubt this will happen though because I am so busy with life that I just dont have time for other people, especially a girlfriend, and I dont want to get close to someone to never see them and hurt them, so I dunno.

I feel my life is slowly improving, I constantly want to be moving forward and achieving my goals and being the best person I can be. I hope and pray I can achieve what I want to within the remaining months of this year.
My goals are to pass this year of uni, get this diploma, have a nice summer back home, come back up and get a job in a gym for experience, and then crack on with university and getting good solid gym experience. Then at around christmas time I will look again at what I can achieve for 2017, because things do change.
If I end up with a girlfriend then thatd obviously be a lovely little bonus....
May 24th, 2016 at 03:53pm