Does Anyone on Here Deal With IBS?

Hey guys! So, it's been a long time since I've done a blog entry. I guess I just never think I have anything interesting to say. BUT, I think I actually do, now.

IBS, or irritable bowel syndrome, is an intestinal disorder causing pain in the belly, gas, and sometimes diarrhea and/or constipation. It sucks, majorly. I had it when I was about 13-14 (I'm 23 now), and it affected me greatly. I had to take medication for it, which did help, and eventually the symptoms went away.

That is, until about three weeks ago. Mother's Day, to be exact. I went to a Chinese buffet with my family, and I believe I got food poisoning. That night, I have the absolute worst stomach pain, and uncontrollable bouts of diarrhea. It lasted for a couple days. But I'm also pretty sure the stress and anxiety, for the first time in about ten years, caused a flare up in my IBS.

Now, I'm not 100% positive that's what it is. I'm going to a GI doctor on Tuesday to hopefully get some help with it. But I'm pretty sure that's what it is. The symptoms are similar- abdominal pain, gas, loose stool, etc. I also have trouble eating foods that aren't toast or soup because afterward my stomach with hurt. It's such a pain. I actually went to the ER last Saturday just because I wanted to make sure it wasn't something serious and I wanted to ease my anxiety. They did x-rays and blood work and everything was fine.

Anyway. So, I was wondering, does anyone else on here deal with IBS? If so, how do you deal with it? Honestly, it'd be such a relief to communicate with someone else who has this annoying problem and can maybe discuss coping mechanisms.

If anyone has any advice, please don't hesitate to comment or even shoot me a PM if that'd make you more comfortable. It'd be much appreciated. Ciao for now!

xoxo.
May 28th, 2016 at 06:43pm