June Blog Challenge 1 & 2: The Breakfast Club Meets 10 Things I Hate About You & Teenage Dirtbag

Image


Blog #1: Write some basic things about yourself
I am feeling a little inactive on Mibba, and I also want to do something to motivate me, so why not take on a blog challenge!

So, as you all know; My name is Nikki Richardson. I have been a Mibbian since 2008; which is also the year I finished my first novel. A Beautiful Lie was written for my senior project in high school, and I had it published through Publish America (now American Star Books).

I've been writing since I was 11 years old (2011).

I love everything about art. I'm actually a big part of my local arts council, which is amazing.

I've met a ton of local authors in South Carolina. (I'm from the state of SC). If you're familiar with Prince of Tides, I met Pat Conroy (the author) so many times that he actually remembered me!

I love Cyndi Lauper, and pretty much all things 80s. My soul is definitely from a different era than my brain.

My alter ego is Tony Stark. Pretty much ask any of my co-authors and they will tell you that I can be a cocky asshole. (They love it though.)

My favorite color changes yearly. I'm in love with this restaurant called Japan down the street from where I work.

What else is there to say about me?
Image


Blog #2: 10 likes & 10 dislikes

This would be so much easier if it were themed or something! How am I supposed to come up with something I love and hate like that off the top of my head? Oh well, here's to trying.

1. I love Horror movies.
- I hate gorey movies though.

2. I love 80s movies (Pretty in Pink, Sixteen Candles, St. Elmo's Fire etc.)
- I hate 90s knockoffs though. Except 10 Things I hate about you and Teenage Dirtbag
Image


3. I love the relationship between Kat and Patrick in 10 things I hate about you
- I hate that Thayer and Amber never at least hooked up in that movie!
Image


4. I love the color Purple
- The color pink however, irritates the hell out of me.

5. I am obsessed with that song 7 years
- I am beginning to hate rap music a little more.

6. I love that doctors help people
- I hate the way elderly people get treated though. (You can't just take advantage of someone's family!)

7. I love surprises
- But I hate when you tell me there's a surprise waiting

8. I love mystery novels
- Cliff hangers kill me every time I hate that

9. I love to bake
- I cannot cook though. I hate frying, and all that stuff.

10. I love that I'm still looking for my James Dean
- But I hate that I haven't found my Patrick Verona or Thayer Mangeress
Image
Image
June 2nd, 2016 at 10:20pm