I Got a Featured Story of the Week? What?!

In my sort of short-lived time on Mibba, I genuinely never thought I'd get anyone other than my usual readers to notice my work, especially since I started focusing so much more on Original Fiction. I have complained and whined about feeling discouraged and disheartened, which probably came off as me fishing for attention. But I've gotten some good advice and, probably for the betterment of myself, I've reached out within this forum to find and read other great people's writing. And, like so many of you told me, when you do that, people notice.

A little while ago, I got a message from the wonderful Katie Mosing. She's a member of Mibba Magazine and is one of the writers for the Featured Story of the Week column.

She told me that she wanted to make A Summer Nowhere a featured story on Mibba's homepage. How cool is that?!

So, obviously I said yes and, lo and behold, I get on a few minutes ago and THERE IT IS!

I still can't even begin to deal with how stoked I am about this. I know it seems silly. It's an online writing forum's magazine. There are no cash prizes and there's not even a guarantee that people will pay attention. But still, the opportunity to gain new interest is awesome!

So, once again: Thank you, Katie! You've seriously made my whole day!

And go read the interview Featured Story: A Summer Nowhere

I rambled on FOREVER, probably like a crazy person! It's super entertaining and I'm very proud of this particular story!
June 9th, 2016 at 08:54pm