I Feel Great! + Updates + Upcoming Stories?

If you can't tell by the title, that was absolute sarcasm.

I woke up this morning with a horrific headache and I couldn't take air in through my nose -- at all. My future-nurse-ishness kicked in -- that and past experience -- and well, shit, I've got myself a damn sinus infection. From whence it came, I haven't the foggiest. The weather has been pretty nasty here in Vegas; and by nasty, I mean windy and the temperature has been all over the place. Anyways, got myself on some Cipro and I should hopefully be a-okay in a couple of days.

Other than that, I haven't been doing much. Despite my being really tired over the last few days, I managed to update Fragility (check it out? lemme know what you think? please?) after a month without any updates.

In truth, I hated ending it the way I did, but I feel like I had to, given that the chapter was almost 4300 words. Had I continued, the chapter would've exceeded 5000 words, easily. That's kind of...excessive, lmao. So please don't hate me for the crappy ending!! I'm working on the next chapter at the moment, and it's leading up to a moment (or should I say an hour) that I've been planning and perfecting for a few months already!! :D

Anyways, above that, I've added a new upcoming story to my story page. So far, I've got three, concrete upcomings; I'm sure there'll be more as the fall semester begins. I feel like writing helps me get through my studies better, lmao.

There are the new kids on the block:

-- Céline is a story that I've had on here in the past, but the ball wasn't quite rolling with it as I would've liked it to. I'm not too sure how long it will be, either, but I'm looking at the possibility of it being a short story (something under ten chapters). It's a story about a girl who holds down her home against the Germans who've invaded her French hometown in the midst of the First World War.
-- Countess is a modern retelling of Alexandre Dumas's Count of Monte Cristo. I've never written a modern retelling of, well, anything, so this is an exciting new project!
-- Dead Man is a companion (not sequel!) to Fragility; it's basically the base story, told in the main male's point of view. Yes, yes, I know Stephenie Meyer did that with Midnight Sun, but I thought it would be fun to explore my guy's character a little further in this matter. c;

Anyways, that's all for now! I'm actually heading to California in the morning to hang out with the fam, so I'm excited! :D I hope I have some time for some word building at some point. Hope you all have a good weekend!! <3
June 11th, 2016 at 05:20am