#RIPChristinaGrimmie

So I woke up this morning and like I usually do I checked Facebook, because we live in the time of social media, and like any other young person my age I checked it. Although I didn't open it up to a picture of my friends baby, or a video of the latest trend. Instead, I woke up to the news that Christina Grimmie had been shot, and later died from her wounds.

Like always I figured it was a hoax, I've seen it before so I brushed it off. Then I saw another news article with a similar headline, so I checked Google news, and then I checked her Facebook page which I've followed for many years now. Only to find that it was in fact not a hoax.

At first I was overwhelmed, she was ten months younger than I am, an influential young adult who only seemed to want this world to be a better place. I never knew her, I wasn't ever her number one fan, but I did follow her from her early days on Youtube. I had happened upon her cover of a Miley Cyrus song and remembered thinking to myself, wow, she can really sing! I really enjoyed the video and even shared it to my social media account. When I heard she was on the Voice I was excited.

I'm sad to hear the news, devastated that a innocent person lost their life over a delusion. What has this world come to? Why is it horrible people like rapist get a slap on the wrist while people who have their whole lives ahead of them are murdered? (I know those are two not so similar situations but it really makes you appreciate the value of life.)

I for one am thankful today that we got the chance to hear a talented voice, even if it was just for a little while. This situation reminds me of Selena, another beautiful soul taken too soon.

I feel for her family, friends, and fans tonight. And I can only hope that she's at peace.
June 12th, 2016 at 05:29am