E3 Rant

Okay, so E3 happened this week. Its actually still going on. But so far, I have to say I'm pretty excited for the coming year.

At first, I was uninterested in whatever EA had in store (no new sims, even modifying in for consoles? really EA? really? Not even that? No, lets have sports and apps. That's great) and Microsoft let me down a bit. I myself am an avid Xbox player, so I was a little disappointed to see the lack of, well, anything. Okay, maybe i'm really biased. I bet there were a few things that a lot of people loved. But for me, it was eh.

Then came Sony.

And holy shit. God of War, Spider-Man (a legit Spider-Man game that looks so amazing, someone hold me), and HIDEO KOJIMA. I was a fan of the man for a while, and I was incredibly excited for Silent Hills after it dropped that trailer a while back (I think its been like two years now, dang). So of course I was pretty upset when they announced (more like mentioned. It took forever for them to confirm. It was bullshit) that the game was dropped. My hope for a legit horror game in the piles of crap that have been built over the years was dashed (Though Until Dawn quickly helped me there, thank god). So I freaking lost my shit when Kojima walked out and showed us not only a new game, but that he had brought Norman Reedus back along for the ride. And Death Stranding looks freaky as shit, scary as shit, and cool as shit, with a nice side of Reedus ass. So to sum it up, my kind of game. The trailer was perfect, and that's coming from someone picky as hell. It released next to nothing about the plot, which is a big yes, and weired me the hell out, another big yes.

Alright, so there was some other cool stuff that followed.

New Legend of Zelda called Breath of the Wind (you can jump?????!!!), Resident Evil 7, some Injustice 2 gameplay (all I ask is for Red Hood and Nightwing, please), Mass Effect Andromeda (space skyrim, hell yeah), Destiny Rise of Iron DLC (my game, right here), and Season three of Telltales The Walking Dead (with a grown Clementine, my heart).

Luckily, I only have very few legitimate complaints. One is the Skyrim Remastered thing. Maybe i'm just petty, i don't know, but I really just want another Elder Scrolls. Sure, the remaster is beautiful and lets be real, I love skyrim and will likely buy it even though I've finished it well over a dozen times, but I kinda wanted more then prettier water from Bethesda. Everyone had been screaming for a new Elder Scrolls, me included, and I just wish they would at least consider it. Maybe they are, I don't know. Another complaint, also due to my petty ass, would be Microsoft deciding to make a new system instead of, oh I don't know, possibly making more cool exclusive games to boost the sales their so worried about? One last complaint would be Kingdom Hearts 2.8 being a PS4 exclusive. That game is my number one nostalgia game, and I know this one is only to hold us off for KH3, but it makes me sad so many XBox players wont be able to experience it.

So a quick summary, Sony killed it, Microsoft needs to get its shit together, Kojima and Reedus own my ass, Bethesda needs to listen to their gamers opinions, I will probably spend about another hundred bucks on Destiny this year even though the second one is coming out next year, JUMPING LINK, and whats an EA?
June 15th, 2016 at 02:59am