Saving That Money Up

Recently my fiance and I have done some math involving budgeting. We've known for a long while that if ever there were an emergency that we could live off of solely his salary, sans my car insurance (I have a contingency fund for it), comfortably until I could find further employment. As a student it's something we made sure of, should I ever have to quit my job for my classes.

Well, we decided to do the math behind it two nights ago. In doing so we discovered that on average, during the summer, I net about $225 a paycheck. Meaning, that, if we defaulted to our "Emergency Plan" of living off of his salary and, instead of me quitting, just saved up my paychecks that we could afford a very nice vacation to Disney World this coming May (which will have to be bought in advance in November), save up to $800 towards the wedding, and afford all of my college supplies this year all by next May.

Needless to say, I'm pumped.

Especially since my next two paychecks will be well over the average net of $225. In about 4 months we'll be able to book our Disney trip, by February we'll have around $600 for the wedding.

Looking back, it's sort of dumb that we never thought to do this before: I can't list the number of professors and even high school teachers that suggested this to us as a reasonable way of living as full fledged adults because there's too many.
June 16th, 2016 at 11:12pm