My Coming Out Blog / Orlando / Christina Grimmie

For a while now I wanted to write about this, before the tragedies and the heart breaks, but now more than ever I feel it's time to just lay it out there about how I'm feeling and just come out and say that I am Bisexual. I have been since I was 7 years old, but didn't really understand it back when I was younger, up until I was 16 that's when I really realized I like females too, now more than ever because guys can be jerks haha, but in all seriousness this last week has been extremely tough for me.

I wanna first discuss Christina, because she was a marvelous person with such passion it breaks my heart having to talk about her death, not thinking I'd ever have to. Life is cruel, and even more so, unfair. It's hard for me to walk down the street now, down my own neighborhood, when before I could walk out on the streets at 2 A.M and not feel frightened, but just knowing this hits only a couple hours from where I live I took it to heart, and now most of us have to live in constant fear. You just don't know what could happen, and neither did Christina. She was such a bubbly person, inside and out she had such an amazing talent in her, many singers are too over their head with fame and she was never that way, she put others before herself and that's why I loved her, unfortunately I never had the honors of meeting her, and now that I never will get the opportunity, it's heart breaking. Lately I've been listening to a lot of her songs, I Bet You Don't Curse God & Think Of You are my top 2 favs. But of course the first song I ever heard from her was Advice, which will always be my number 1. She was just an amazing human being and she'll live on in me forever, as long as I'm still breathing.

As for the Orlando Mass Shooting, that really struck me hard more than any other tragedy. I don't deal with racism, I have a racist dad and it's horrible, I don't put up with it, but I can take it. But when it comes to being homophobic, don't come near me, because if there's one thing that I support the most, it's Gay Pride. I support Gay people more than I could ever support anything and I sincerely do not put up with the disrespect. These 49 people were human beings, they had feelings, beating hearts, smiles, and had energy in them like no one else, so for someone to come in and take that all away from them really just blew me out into a field of misery, it's hard for me to handle the fact that this happened and how now it's just done. It's over with, it's almost old news, something everyone will get over eventually, while I'm over here acting like it just happened yesterday. This world is such a cruel place, maybe not all of it, but most of it. I shouldn't have to live in a constant state of fear, no one should. It's sad, it's flat out disturbing.

I'm proud to be me, and for those of you living in the closet, don't be afraid of being YOU. You're absolutely beautiful and if you think no one is on your side, wrong, I am. No one should stop you from living your life, no matter how it is. Gay, straight, Bi, Trans, we're all one whole, we're all equal, that's how it's gonna remain whether anyone likes it or not. <3

~R.I.P Christina Grimmie, and all 49 Victims of the Pulse shooting, you're in my heart forever.~
June 19th, 2016 at 02:45am