Ink [?]

I still don't understand the difference between "workouts for men" and "workouts for women." But I guess that's one of a billion other things that really shouldn't have genders. Huh. You're working out the same muscles.

I can't go downstairs. People are working the ceiling, because we got severe water damage when the apartment flooded. Also, the apartment complex managers decided that today would be a great re-shingling day. So I, the noise-hater, get to deal with banging an whirring from downstairs and banging and slamming above my head.

I also have to work on class stuff.

And I lost my laptop charger. What the fuck. So I don't have Photoshop and can't make any legit layouts.

Alina Baraz. Chet Faker. What are they, electronica? I like that.

And I just remembered what I'd wanted to blog about: I think I might get a tattoo for my birthday. On my ankle. And yes, I know that those hurt.

On that note, why do we differentiate between "tattoos for men" and "tattoos for women." It looks like the presence of flowers makes it "for women." Whatever.

Image

I chose the ankle because--without getting too personal--I know that my skin elsewhere is going to stretch out a lot in the coming years. Especially in the arm/back area. But ankle? That's all bone. Which means it'll hurt, but the aesthetic won't be ruined at least, yeah?

I already know that I don't want color. No color. Black only. I'm pretty pale, so I think the contrast will look cool (on the other hand, have you seen white ink on dark skin? It's gorgeous).

I like 2D, kind of flat things. Like:

Image

Except not on my feet, obviously. I really like these, actually:

Image

Image

2D. Geometric. Minimal shading, if any. Really bold, clear lines. I don't know whether to go nature or architecture. Because I really like:

Image

Image

Anyway, thanks for putting up with me. Also, if the link didn't work:

Image

Magical. Bonus:

Image

Any advice for dealing with the pain? Or just on getting tattoos in general? My mom's family is a biker family, so they all have tattoos and know where to get them, so that's not the problem. But, if you have a tattoo, how long ago did you get it? Do you regret it?
June 21st, 2016 at 07:57pm