Graduation + Nose Piercing?

Hey hi hey. You are looking at a recent high school graduate!!!!!!!!

Well, not looking, I guess, because you can't see me. BUT YOU GET WHAT I MEAN.

I graduated high school (SUMMA CUM LAUDE BITCHES) last Wednesday and it was one of the best days of my life so far. Every morning I wake up and remember, "Hey, I don't ever have to go back to high school again!" and it feels spectacular.

My creative writing teacher printed out all of the stories she and I have written over the past few years and actually made them into a little book, with binding and everything. They make absolutely no sense to anyone else because they're all just a bunch of inside jokes between me and her, but it's the best gift anyone has ever given me and I love it so much.

I will miss certain aspects of high school, like my teachers, seeing my friends all the time, eating lunch outside, and just the general familiarity of it all. I knew what was going to happen, where everything was, where to go, etc.

But if you recall any of my past blogs on here, high school wasn't very enjoyable for me otherwise. Granted, junior year and senior year have been good, but my first two years sucked butthole. It was only in these past two years that I made the varsity cheer team, made more friends, and generally became accepted by the """popular""" kids.

But even then, I was never really part of their group. I never really felt included or like I belonged anywhere at high school and that sucked. Don't get me wrong, I have a pretty decent amount of friends if I do say so myself. I'm very lucky to be surrounded by such supportive, wonderful, and badass people. But I never felt like I had a set group of friends, if that makes any sense. Like I always felt like I was missing out on something, even when I was at parties and stuff.

Whatever. The moral of the story is this: high school can suck my left one. Bring on college.

NOW ONTO A MORE PRESSING MATTER.

My best friend Ashley and our good friend Sarah and I all made a pact that after we graduated, we'd all get piercings together. Ashley wants to get her second hole (she has a double lobe so she wants that pierced, don't ask), Sarah wants her bellybutton, and I was going to get my nose.

I've wanted my nose pierced for a long time and I still do, but now that it's looking like an actual thing I'm kind of nervous. So, if anyone on here has their nose pierced, please just answer a few questions for me.

1. If you have a job, did your employers have a problem with it? If so, what did you do? This is probably the main issue for me. I work at an office, and while it's not extremely uptight and stuffy, I'm not entirely sure how they'd react if I came in with it. I get that it's not as prominent as tattoos, but I still feel a little wary.

2. What do you do when you're sick, have a stuffy nose, etc.? This might be a dumb question but I really am curious, so.

3. How do you care for it after just getting it pierced?

Those are really my only questions. If anybody wants to offer any form of advice, encouragement, or general knowledge, I would be really happy and 5ever in your debt. THANK YA.

Also, I just watched "Stand By Me" aka one of my favorite movies EVER and I stand firmly by my belief that in that scene where Gordie is crying over Denny's death and Chris has his arm around him, they definitely would've kissed each other if Ace and Eyeball had not come busting in and being total COCKBLOCKS.

Anyways. Catch y'all later.
June 21st, 2016 at 08:06pm