Life

The other weekend was by far the best couple of days ive had this year so far, after constant work and study, it was an odd feeling being able to wind myself down and relax for a number of days at least without any worries and without any studying.
On the Friday I got the train down to Preston, arriving at around 9pm, I met Jamie and James both at the pub where they had a pint waiting for me, class, I loved that. I immediately knew they were wanting to go out, and I knew, it was a bad idea. After a couple of pints and the return of my happiness with being with my closest friends, I was well up for it aswell. We all went to a local alcohol shop to get some beer and headed back to James' house to drink and catch up, before getting a taxi out at around midnight. We werent that drunk, and the club when we arrived was absolutely dead, it was like a scene off the inbetweeners... We all got a few drinks and then sat down before going on the dancefloor like a bunch of lunatics and busting out weird moves, me and James had a dance off, and we constantly dabbed all night. None of us were that drunk, until I decided to get myself a double vodka and lemonade, thats what did it for me.
We all werent out for that long as Jamie and I had the Coldplay gig the very next day, we all got a taxi back at around 2 before almost all of us immediately passed out.
Luckily I had my own room as James' housemates had all moved out, bar one....

In the morning I was awoken by James' last remaining housemate, as she was moving out that morning. She was German, and her german father entered the house and stayed in the house for a good hour. They were talking, eating, hoovering, they even tried opening my door.... Before they left at around 9am. It was a joke, ive never known anything like that before in my life, hungover and felt sick, and now I was tired on top of that.
After that I got up, James was fine, but Jamie was like me, thats probably the worst ive ever seen him, he looked awful.
James spontaneously vanished at around 11am to go off to Carlisle to get tickets for the stone roses secret gig, which he somehow managed to get the lucky sod.
Jamie and I continued to suffer until around 1 where we managed to get changed and head off into Manchester, it was around 24 degrees aswell, so that didnt help.
We went straight for a Nandos, which I didnt eat any of because I felt so ill. More than anything I was tired, I knew that a 1/2 hours sleep would fix me, but I also knew that it wasnt going to happen.
We went and lied down on picadilly green for a bit, where we both managed to get around a 10 minute nap each, which did help us.
Then we wondered off to the football museum, before again, lying down on the green to get another 10 minute nap. We were both suffering.
We got to the stadium at around 7, before Coldplay started at 9. Because I had drank quite literally around 10+ pints of water that day, I was constantly back and forth going for a wizz before coldplay, but once they started it was fine.
What a gig, I cant explain it, but I knew it would be that good, Chris Martin didnt seem himself though and he did forget a couple of lines in old songs, which was odd. Jamie loved it aswell which was great.

After the gig we decided to walk all the way back to picadilly, around 2 miles, where we had to wait 30 minutes for a 12.30 coach back to preston. I slept the entire way, and we got back to James' house at around 2am. The plan was to go back out, but we were all sober and it was too late, so we all went to sleep at around 3. I woke up at around 10 the next morning, Jamie had left at around 8 to go home.

Me and James went into preston for lunch, feeling a lot better than the day before, we headed to a nice burger pub where we both had these amazing burgers. Then we went down to the park and played football for a bit, it was around 29/30 degrees all day, it was ace, I love hot weather like that. Although after football my top was drenched in sweat and it resulted in me walking around topless for around an hour!! Then we walked around the park before walking all the way back to his where we chilled out for a bit. Then we walked down the road to the local vegetarian curry house, as James is a vegie, and I dont mind eating vegie items. It was a very nice curry indeed. Then we watched the football before I fell asleep at around 12, getting up at 6.30 for my train back to aberdeen.

The train journey was really nice, and mum picked me up from the station before taking me home where I went into the hot conservatory and fell asleep straight away. Then yesterday I hit the gym and did some studying before going into uni with Andrew to pick up our results where thankfully we passed.
Today Im back at work, tomorrow is another day of revision, friday is work, a weekend of revision, before another day at work on monday, then im meeting ella straight after work and taking her for dinner, something im really looking forward to. Then on tuesday im back down to manchester for the stone roses gig which will be absolutely insane, before coming back up on wednesday before my course starts on thursday. The next 6-8 weeks are going to be pure hard work to get through, but im determined to make it all worth it.

I tell everyone about my ambitions and plans, I explained it in detail to Jamie and James at the pub on friday, both of them telling me it was a good idea... But everyone looks at me as if im crazy, insane, mad, for having a driving desire to achieve this and to start this business, with my legitimate belief that I can make it work and take it into other cities across the UK, I thoroughly believe there is something there. Everyone thinks im insane for doing it, but I see no reason why I cant. Everyone around me I feel believes I can achieve something special in life purely because I see the world from a different point of view from everyone else, Im different in every single possible way to the average joe, and at times it depresses me because Im not normal but most of the time I dont stop to think because Im always in my own world, its a very spiritual world and I strongly believe in fate after everything that has happened in my life.

Yesterday I just had a feeling that the next 6 months are going to be very special, and I can feel it could be a very special time of my life, I dont know why, whether this is the start of something special I dont know, whether Im going to meet someone soon or something, I dont know, its just one of those feelings you know? Its weird, and I cant explain it.
I am nervous about my course, I want to pass first time so I can move on with plans, Im nervous about meeting the other people on the course aswell, I dont know why because Im sure its going to be a great experience. It feels like everything over the past year with my plans of my career and life has slowly been building up to this moment, and after it passes, god only knows where I will stand. Ive always said once christmas comes I need to sit down and seriously think about what Im going to do when university finishes, until then Im focusing on the here and now and not worrying about the end of education.

My friends support me, my family support me, they do think im a bit insane but they do take inspiration from me in the fact that they actually realise that I can believe in myself that I can do this, I have the knowledge, thats not a problem, and as soon as I start that will only grow, its just the business, will it grow, will it be profitable enough, and if it is... then my dreams could become true, but Im holding my horses, we shall wait and see, everyone should be allowed to dream though and Im prepared to work non stop, to sacrifice everything a normal life leads to one day be able to realise ive achieved my dream.
What is my dream? I dont know, I want everything, I want the world. But more than anything I want my family and kids to have everything I never had, I want them to have anything and everything they could possibly want, and one day I want to sit back and be proud of where ive come from and what ive achieved, its a dream, its a private drive in life that nobody really knows about, its maybe come too late in life for me to be able to say I want to reward my parents for what theyve done for me, id always dream of becoming a footballer at a young age so I can give my parents the financial security and luxury in life that they both deserve. Similarly my friends, Id love to spoil them, say to them come and stay with me, wherever I am, in my nice house for as long as you want, or lets go on holiday, expenses on me.... But for Dad it is too late, but for Mum, maybe one day, it would be a dream and one that hopefully I can achieve one day.

This week I was down in Manchester again for a stone roses gig, I got the train down on Tuesday and came back up on the thursday with the gig on the wednesday. James and I came back to his on tuesday where he cooked us a lovely risotto for dinner and I bought us the bottle of wine. Sounds gay right? I just feel because me and him are so busy with life at the moment, we have got that bit of maturity and we both enjoy a glass of wine. On Wednesday we woke up and almost started drinking straight away, getting the train into manchester for the gig at the etihad stadium where I was less than 2 weeks ago for coldplay. This time I wasnt hungover, I was hammered out my arse, in a great mood and with one of my closest mates.
The gig itself was incredible, one of the best gigs Ive ever been to. I cant compare it to Coldplay because they are completely different, Coldplay was definitely more entertaining, but the stone roses was the better gig in terms of atmosphere, it was special.
The rain started which only added to the occasion, and we were both in shorts and a t shirt, so during the gig and after, walking back to the station, we got absolutely soaking wet, drenched.
We got home, cooled down, and went to bed. I woke up at around 8, not overly hungover, before getting my train at around 9.30. I slept on the way up for quite a while, watching the first half of the england game on the train, before driving home for the second half where I was jumping up and down in my lounge celebrating Englands last minute winner against wales.

My course started the following day on the friday, I was nervous, and I dont usually get nerves. It was coming from studying nothing but business for 5 years, and being thrown into an intensive course in something Ive never learnt before. It seems okay, I just need to practice as much as I can, and thats the key. Its the key to everything. Im confident, but I do lack some self belief that I can achieve this. So I had the course on friday, saturday, and sunday, 9-5 days with an hours drive either side. Now Im at work, before having two days off. Then Im back in at work for thursday and friday, before attending the course on the weekend, and then back to work monday and tuesday. This is the busiest time of my life, non stop, constantly doing things, I hardly have time to myself so I dont have much time to talk to my friends or anyone else. I enjoy it, it gives me a sense that Im actually getting somewhere now.
I passed uni, and if I manage to somehow pass this course in the next 2 months, I will cry, a lot, but theres a long way to go and a lot of hard work to achieve it. Something that usually takes 2 years, is obviously going to be hard to achieve in the space of 7-8 weeks.

I did however eavesdrop over one of our coaches, saying how he works for a gym and gives 50% of a rather large £50 an hour session back to the MD of the Gym, this is exactly what I wanted to hear and gives my plans the green light for potential success. Come the end of the course I might have a private word with him and get some more information.

This is all great, but Im currently the most unwell Ive been for about 6 months since I was constantly poorly in my trip to new york, everyone at work is poorly and everyone is coughing but I do feel very rough. Yesterday at the course was a struggle and if it was a day at work or uni it would have been spent in bed.

I like keeping busy, this is what my life is going to be like for the foreseeable future until I get one final hoorah back home during the summer. Then its one more year of hard grafting at university to make everyone around me proud, hopefully getting a good degree. Mum said shed cry if I got more than a 2:1, so thats my aim. And its achievable, because every single at year at uni so far hasnt been taken seriously purely because the grades dont go towards the degree, and ive been more than comfortable. You see me going off to america and going off to various gigs, bang in the middle of the university semester, and I still manage to pass, I think if I settle and focus on getting good grades, I will do ok.
Im taking it a day at a time at the moment, focusing on getting this extra diploma.
If I get this diploma, and then get a good honours degree, the plans of life are well in place to start what I want, and the only thing id be missing is real money to start up, which sadly, is the case for almost every person in my position - luckily, I somehow think if I needed to raise £30,000, with a potential of 100% no return risk, as is the case with new start ups, I think family and friends would somehow manage to pull it together.... I just have one of those feelings you know. Im comfortable at the moment with money with thousands in the bank, so that will always help, but I like to have that balance at the moment to give myself the mental stimulation for all the hard slogging hours of learning Im doing.
Fingers and toes crossed at the moment.
June 22nd, 2016 at 04:08pm