I'm Sorry

I'm sorry I'm not your typical lady.

I'm sorry I don't want to conform to gender stereotype.

I'm sorry my end goal in life is not all about getting married, have kids and serve my husband until the day I die.

I'm sorry for thinking that men and women should have equal rights.

I'm sorry that I don't follow the mindset that apparently everyone in this hosehold has.

I learn to cook not because I'm a woman and that's the skill I should have. I learn to cook because I'm a human being and I have to eat to live.

I clean up not because I'm a woman and that's my duty. I clean up because I'm a human and it's my responsibility.

Why do I'm chastised and getting scolded for when I wake up a bit late than usual because I slept late the night before? And my brother can get away with waking up at 4 pm. Oh, yes. Because I'm a woman and it doesn't look good for a woman to sleep in, apparently.

Why can't I have high ambitions and want to have a big career with big opportunities that can take me all over the world?

Ah, yes, because I'm a woman and in the end of the day, I have to stay at home, trapped in the kitchen, cleaning and cooking after kids and a grown man that can't even wash his own dish.

I'm sorry for being born a woman.

xxLina
June 24th, 2016 at 07:02am