Keep on Laughing, Americans. But Make Sure That's Not Us Come November.

You've probably heard that Britain voted yesterday to leave the EU and since then there has been a lot of despair (actual British folks) and jokes (from everyone else). But can I please just remind my fellow Americans that we have a HUGE election coming in November and Britain's current situation is VERY MUCH similar to ours.

A lot of the people who voted to leave the EU were older, conservatives and a lot of people would argue that their decision will disproportionately (and negatively) affect the younger generation. The older generation were able to reap the benefits of being a part of the EU and now they've just taken away that privilege from the current and future generations and it seems like not a fuck was given on their part.

But listen, that's exactly what's going to happen in America if we don't get off our asses and vote in November's election. Letting Trump become president will be our 'leaving the EU' and I know we will all immediately regret it, just the same.

So please! Don't dismiss what's happened in Britain as something that doesn't affect or relate to you. Aside from the global implications of Britain leaving the EU, it's also important for us to realize how important voting is - because the outcome WILL affect you.

#GirlIGuessImWithHer
June 24th, 2016 at 10:16pm