That Special Place in Life Where...

I abhor children. Passionately. Innately. To a point which I think thoughts that I probably shouldn't ever think about anyone when they start to cry/whine. But, with this being said so bluntly, I think I would adore to work in a pediatric ward in a hospital. There are so many little minds to influence in a pediatrics ward like that and so many young little lives that truly need you to help them get better: these are kids who haven't had a true, fair chance at life yet. While adults are, of course in my opinion, more tolerable than children and while all lives are important: the lives of children have barely begun and they are going to be running our world in the coming years.

I really want to be that nurse who provides an excellent quality of care while inspiring kids, too. It's no secret that I'm a little ball of nerd: I cosplay, I read comics, I watch anime (granted not a lot, but a few), my coffee cup right now has Starlord and Rocket Raccoon on it. I love science and space and physics with heated passions, as well: if I wasn't such a compassionate person I would definitely be going to college for astrophysics. On that note, I'm confident enough in my life that I truly think I'm a pretty person. I wouldn't say gorgeous, but pretty. Which is a thing young girls and boys don't often see: stereotypes are laden in pop-culture of overweight, living in basement, nerds who have "No lives" and are "Losers". And on top of all of this, I'm in the running for valedictorian at my college after only a year. Which is something that a LOT of young girls, especially, need to hear about STEM majors. Yes, I realize that nursing is not a designated STEM major but I've been involved in several STEM designated majors since my first year of college (please learn from my mistake and never change your major more than twice good lord). I'm a small, confident but not boastful, triple threat and I'd be able to influence a lot of young minds to reach for the same standard. Which is amazing.

I think that being a pediatric nurse would give me a lot of meaning to my life, a lot of passion. Plus, well, Mickey Mouse scrubs would't exactly be a downfall of the job... ::tehe:
June 25th, 2016 at 05:07pm