Someone Stole My Story Rant

I'M SO UNBELIEVABLY ANGRY.

I feel like I shouldn't be as angry as I am but I'm so lit right now. I just don't understand how people feel the need to do that? This isn't the only time this has happened and it's frustrating. This one flew under my radar because it was posted on Wattpad and I definitely don't have an account. Thank goodness for beautiful and nice people for telling me about it.

I worked really hard on my Bucky Barnes story. I really do. I spend hours staring at a blank screen just hoping that the right kind of words will spill to my fingertips. It's irritating. It's not that hard to come up with a story, especially if you like to write! I mean there are a lot of picky readers out there which is completely understandable but by god people. The only way you learn is to just keep writing.

You think I was a good writer (not saying I'm the best, I think I've grown a lot since my first post) when I first started? Heck no. I cringe when I read some old stuff. I literally cringe. I sucked. But, over the years of feedback, readers, comments, and people coming back; it made me a better writer. It takes time and even when you are at your lowest point, there's still people who want to read what you've got.

I write to escape stress not to be stressed out that someone is out there stealing what I've written. I don't even care if you base your story off of mine. Just don't copy and paste it and say you wrote it. Am I over exaggerating? Seriously? Like am I peeved and heated for no reason? Someone please let me know that I'm not crazy.
June 25th, 2016 at 08:55pm