Do You Remember the First Time You Read Fan Fiction?

I mean, I don't. It was a long, long time ago.

I started in late 2005, and more than likely it was a Harry Potter story. No, wait - it most definitely was. After all, I was MRS.HARRYPOTTER12 on Quizilla. Yeah, in all caps, too.

Anyways, I know it was Harry Potter related. If it wasn't a story that I was reading, then it was one of those 7 Minutes in Heaven quiz deals where you just selected who you wanted and then read "the answer" of a story in the results. Oh, nostalgia.

What made me think about this though, was the fact that I'm currently trying to motivate myself to get back to updating Unlovable, my Harry Potter story. I miss updating it and writing it, and I always look at the comments and think, "Why can't I bring myself to write more?"

So I started looking through the stories page trying to find myself a HP fan fic that might inspire me to get my butt going on writing another chapter, but most of the recent updates are fandoms I'm not really part of. So then I started thinking about one of the more memorable fan fics I read.

It was on HarryPotterFanFiction.com, and to be honest, I'm not quite sure how I stumbled upon it. I don't really remember. I just remembered that the author had these amazing banners (they were totally photoshopped to perfection and they were gifs so tweeny me was amazed) and it was a REALLY long series.

So I basically went to the google search bar and started typing the beginning of the author's name that I remembered. I honestly couldn't remember it all, but as soon as I typed in "Emily", the rest of her name just came to me and I remembered it was EmilyInLove. I thought it was kinda weird and cool that I remembered it after so long.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that she still has her account up along with all the stories. And I just kinda picked it back up from the beginning. It's cliche and kinda childish, the OC is a "diva" and (from what I remember) goes on to be a super mega popstar later in the series because she's an amazing singer, and the characters all hit it off way too soon.

But even with all those things, I can't really put into words how happy I am to be reading it again. I still think it's pretty good, and I'll probably continue reading it till I work up some more motivation.

Anyways, do you remember the first time you read fan fiction? What was it? How long was it? Where'd you read it? So many questions.

I'm just a tad curious.
June 29th, 2016 at 10:06am