Guys! My Wedding Rings Came In!

I'm so fucking excited right now, nothing could bring me down from the amazing package I got in the mail!

So Jeff and I have been trying to find a wedding ring set since last October when we started wedding planning. I've had a engagement ring but it was his sisters hand me down but Jeff always wanted to get me something that I got to choose and love and after deciding 2016 would be are wedding year, we started looking around.

Everything we looked at though was way out of our budget. You know for just a plain simple wedding band is over 100?! It's crazy, we just wanted to find something that could hold off until we had the money to buy fancy wedding rings. So I started my search online, mostly everything was from China and lets, be honest, you take a huge risk when buying stuff from China. But we did manage to find some nice rings but we were still iffy on buying. We didn't want to spend over 200$ for rings and have them be not what we ordered.

So I started looking on the site Esty. Most of everything was still WAY out of our price range so I thought it would be cheaper if we started looking for sets. Most of the ones I saw were kind of simple and really not our style. If I had the money I would get the ones with diamonds going all the way around the wedding band and engagement ring with a big fat diamond in the middle. (I don't wear jewelry, other than my engagement ring. So if I'm gonna get rings, I wanna go all out HA!) But that just isn't in our budget.

Long story short, I found a three piece set for only 126 something. The woman's shop is amazing! She makes themed wedding ring sets, from Harry Potter, Star Wars, the Joker, to just plain wedding sets!

Jeff and I chose the Doctor Who themed set because we LOVE that show and they're absolutely PERFECT! The pictures don't do it justice! My engagment ring is so sparkly and ugh, I'm in love!

This is the origanal picture :

Image

AND HERE ARE OUR RINGS!

Image

As you can see I had mine custom made a little. I got my wedding band a little thicker than the original and I got the two stones on the side blue and the middle one white. I did it this way because I'm going to take the real diamond from my old engagement ring and put it in this one. My mom had a really thick wedding band and I always loved the look of it, so that's why my band is thicker!

The engraving on the outside of both rings say 'TOGETHER FOREVER THROUGH TIME AND SPACE' and on the inside I got 'forever and always yours'.

I'm so glad they turned out the way they did, because I still had the same fear as I did when we were gonna order from overseas. But I took a chance and Etsy has a good reputation for not fucking shit up haha!

I absolutely love them and I'm not gonna lie, when I slipped them on my finger I teared up. It just made the whole thing that much more of a reality for me. I've been waiting for 6 years to marry this man and it's finally happening!

Go take a peek at the shop I ordered from or just go look at the site itself! There are such talented people in the world. I'm looking forward to ordering again from the site!
June 29th, 2016 at 09:06pm