College

This coming spring will mark my first full year as a college student. Let me just say that, by my lack of credits, you wouldn't be able to tell. I only have 3 credits which come from a class I took back in high school which was like five years ago.

So I took four classes this past spring. Not of my own choice but because I didn't pass my TSI which is like a placement test. I missed the passing score by one question so that pissed me off. Anyway, so because of that, instead of taking three classes I'm actually interested in, I had to take two of my choice and two that were forced. In a way, the remedial math class was a nice refresher, but I didn't take it or my other forced class (college success) seriously because I was trying to focus on my first choice classes.

Long story short, I failed all four courses.

There were many reasons. I mean, I wasn't prepared. English Rhetoric is hard online and I had a professor who never responded to my questions. I was a full time student, full time mom, and full time waitress which left no time for studying. It was all just one big disaster and I was so discouraged. My grandmother, who was so proud of me for deciding to actually go to college and not just some technical school, was so disappointed when I told her. But that was because my mother was lying to everyone and telling them that I was doing good when I wasn't. My mother is both bipolar and a compulsive liar.

So now, I'm in summer classes. I decided to divide my semesters with one hard class and one easy one which I thought I was doing with a Biology class (my suckiest subject) and then a History class and I can't believe how well I am doing. I have 80s.

Going from absolute, no return failure to 80s makes me happy. I feel good about my grades because after failing, I really thought about quitting. I want this so bad though. I want to be a teacher, I want my daughter to see that even if you start late, you can finish school and you can be what you want to be.

My friends are all so happy for me. Like, it's kind of embarrassing because they are all graduated now and finding their new jobs (most for some reason are nurses) and I'm over here like WOO! FIRST YEAR OF COLLEGE! It's funny how I graduated high school one year early just to start school four years late haha.

Anyway, I don't even know what this blog was about, I guess you could just say don't give up. I don't know, things turned around for me and this fall, I'm going to take three classes and hopefully that isn't too much of a work load. I have to retake English Rhetoric but I'm taking it in person, I know it might be more work but I know I really need to take it in person.
July 3rd, 2016 at 05:11pm