Growing up Mibbian

How long were you all on this site. I actually have been on Mibba since I was in the 9th grade which was around 2010 so like six years, possibly seven. I remember the first story I wrote on Mibba was about werewolves and my writing style was absolute crap. I mean we all start somewhere right? I didn't describe anything which is crazy to think about because now, I'm really big on description, I love to visualize what I'm reading.

My writing was something like this:

"Jackson," I said.

"What?" He said.

I looked at him and smiled.

"What's your favorite color?" I asked.

He looked at his lap sheepishly. "Pink."


Yeah, that's not an actual excerpt but I'm pretty sure that's exactly how I wrote. My chapters never measured longer than 500 words and my storylines were way out there. That's why I loved Mibba so much though. There were older people on here, some as old as 22, who would talk to me and help me out. They would help me learn how to describe things and basically just make me want to be better. Like I wanted to be able to attract readers and have a strong storyline.

I feel like I've become better. My stories have matured from vampires and werewolves to actual people. I've written about people in high school, college, and now about college graduates. In a way, my writing grew up with Mibba as I did. I literally love this site, like I never want to leave even if I don't talk to a lot of people on here. I still feel the community vibe. I still enjoy reading stories and blogs and I just enjoy it. It's like that piece of home I can take everywhere.

I started off a fourteen year old girl who was depressed and escaped her world through writing on Mibba. Now, I'm twenty-two, I have a fiance, I have a daughter, I'm in college and looking forward to my career and my future. It's crazy to think about how long I've been on here. How long have you all been on here?
July 4th, 2016 at 05:20am