Five Months | Summer Time

So, I'm barely ever on here anymore, but when it comes to blogging this is like the only site that I can think to go on so yeah.

Some things have changed in the past... what, five months?

For one, I'm serving now rather than hosting. Sometimes I like it better and sometimes I kinda miss being up at the front. But it's more money. Like, a considerable difference in money. And the people aren't as mean once they're actually sitting at their table. But it's definitely more demanding. There's more running around, more cleaning. You even have to think more because of how much there is to remember. Like, "Table 20 needs a to-go box and their bill. 10 needs more lemons. Sweet tea refill for 11. Cherry mustard for 22 and his drink should be ready."

There's just a lot. But I think it's worth it.

I'm not in school and don't really plan on going back until I can get my shit together. Who knows when that will be. And yeah, it sort of makes me feel like a failure. My mom is kind of upset that I'm only working. She got out of high school and, like, immediately went to college. Graduating in like three years plus a semester, so she doesn't really understand why my brother and I can't do the same thing. My dad is pretty cool with it, though. I mean, granted he didn't ever go either, but still. At least I've got one of them on my side right now. He's actually pretty proud that I've been holding down this job for so long. And moving up. I've always been a Daddy's girl, though.

But yeah, work is good.

Love life is pretty damn good, too. I'm still with Coty which is, I hate to say it, my longest relationship to date and uh I like him a lot. Actually, I'm to the point where I can say I love him. I'm in love with him. And that's the first time I've been able to say that about anyone.

It's really scary. Like, REALLY scary. But I do. I'm crazy about him. I haven't told him yet. I know he's not ready. He's still a little guarded from his last relationships. Both of his most serious exes (including an ex wife, ehem) cheated on him, so there's some trust issues he can't get over and I don't blame him. I'm pretty insecure myself.

Plus, it's the first time I've ever dated a guy who is like attractive to other people. I usually go for kinda nerdy dudes or alternative guys or a mix of the two and that's not everyone's type. I've never had to deal with them catching the attention of other girls, but Coty does. There've been a couple girls at work and it's the first time I've had to deal with being super territorial. I've had to talk myself down a few times. Like, I know that I'm that type of person, territorial over friends, I mean. Whenever my best friend would start hanging out with other people it always made me jealous and I'd get all bent out of shape, but seeing it as a girlfriend is a different monster entirely.

But like, he's so cute. I can't even blame people. (I mean, I will. I'll still fight a bitch, but shh.)

Image

Image

Also, I'm blonde now. I really like it. Everyone at work does. I sort of missed it.

But yeah! He's so cute. Actually, he's really freaking hot, but yeah. Sex life is great and pretty frequent. Like, more than I've ever had before.

I don't know. He's great. We're great. We got into our first big fight the other day, though. I mean, we got over it, but it was awful for the night and then the next couple of days were just really awkward, but now we're even better than before which I know sounds cliche but it's true.

I'm just so into him.

And now I'm about to go on vacation in two days. My mom, grandparents and I are going to Arkansas for the hot springs, I'm stoked to be off work and I'm looking forward to spending quality time with them, but I know all of them are gonna be bickering incessantly. And I'm gonna miss Coty like crazy. It'll be the longest we've been apart since we even started talking. Gonna be crazy.

It'll be fun, though.

That;s pretty much my life. There's all kinds of stuff going on with my brother, but I don't really wanna get into it. It sort of bums me out.

For the most part, everything is pretty good.
July 4th, 2016 at 08:59am