Whordan Hopez Chronicles : No Sparks on the Fourth

Or technically it is sucky AF since its only 1 in the morning and that still constitutes as prime fourth of July party hour.

Not that I'm partying since I'm home and blogging about it.

So let's just jump right into the worst fourth of July ever (which is saying something because last year I was stranded on a street corner for an hour).

I decided because of last year I wasn't going to go out this fourth. Even though I dressed like I was going out (see sc:@saeglopur story). I just recently worked on my backyard, and got all new furniture and a jacuzzi and a fire pit. So I was like mkay, gonna invite some of my friends over (there is a very very limited number) and just chill, drink margaritas, and eat food.

I legitimately bought about $100 worth of groceries, did my whole deck up (see sc story) and was ready to have a good night. Then one of my friends bailed. My other friend was late. And by nine o'clock it was pouring raining.

So now I'm like I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go. My friend Tyler was hitting my up while all this occurred and invited me to frat party a town over.

Some history: he and i have been friends since we were in seventh grade (juniors in college now) and have had debatably off and on feelings for each other which we admitted to during the spring of our freshman year of college. But I couldn't disassociate the friendship and also I wasn't experienced the summer going into sophomore year and I was too nervous to try something with him. So I didn't. Ever since our friendship has been weird.

I want to go to the party but my friends are like nah we just wanted to chill. So we go back to my friends place and watch Dead pool and I'm like bored out of my mind. By midnight we're like kayyy, let's go bye. During this portion of the night, Tyler asked me to come by and gave me the address and his friend Malcolm who he was with facetimed me and told me to come. I told him I couldn't because I was with my friends (like literally my friends were all there with me in the room) but when I got into my car at midnight I facetimed malcolm back and told him I was coming.

Some history: Malcolm has been friends with tyler since freshman yr of high school. i've hung out with him a few times and he always flatters me and compliments me but I always assumed he knew that tyler and I had this weird thing for each other. Alternately, Tyler's best friend from grammar school was like my 'crush' and we had this weird possessive relationship in high school but I broke it off in college because he became a dick. And that same guy is friends with Malcolm too. So the way I see it bro code, I'm off limits to Malcolm.

Not the case apparently because the moment I show up to the party Malcolm is hugging me and complimenting me and talking about his shoot game or something (side note: I suck at colloquial/slang terms). I expect Tyler to like I don't know, hang out with me when I get there since I know no one (its not a huge party maybe 10 people max) but he doesn't even bother to say anything to me?? And he lets Malcolm hit on me?

So now I'm annoyed and I have to talk to Malcolm because he and tyler are the only two boys I know there. And Malcolm is calling me a baddie and talking about how I'd be the hottest girl he got with if I deigned to hook up with him and he's like trying to be smooth and coaxing me to drink but my curfew is like 2 if I don't expressly ask for some more time, and I drove there so I can't drink.

Finally I'm like yo, Malcolm, like da fuq Tyler's your friend do you actually think this is cool of you? And he's all what you mean? Tyler's fine with it. And its then I realize he has no idea about everything that happened between us, or at least is pretending not to. And then at some point he goes he (tyler) already f**cked that girl and I'm just like cool thanks for letting me know.

That like pissed me off because honestly Tyler and I circle each other. He says one thing, but his actions discredit it. And I honestly thought he asked me to come to this party to hang with him not to pass me off to his friend.

Malcolm is a nice guy. He's got some rough edges and comes on so hard. But he's not bad looking or anything. I'm just not into him. Mostly because he has this perception of me. Like I'm not a "baddie" he only made me feel like some girl who has guys hooked on lines and just walks down the board walk and picks up a fishing rod at her leisure and reels in a fish when she wants.

And I told him that he was wrong about me. And he was all okay tell me who you are. And I'm not going to say that I'm a virgin in a random setting like that to disprove his idea of me being with guys and like having a book of men to choose from.

The whole thing really peeved me. The people at this "party" were acting crazy as fuck and they all had to drive home but they were all drunk. I was the only sober one there. So I offer to be DD and none of them take me up on my offer. And honestly, my offer really is just to tyler because despite everything else he is still my friend from 7th grade so I want him to get home safely.

And you know what he says to me? Good job bagging Malcolm high five good job good job. I'm like are you effing kidding me??? I literally told him I did not bag Malcolm and he's like sure you did and I'm like noo I didn't.

He dead annoyed me. Everything annoyed me tonight.

I forgot to mention earlier today when I was getting everything ready to cook and stuff my dad came up to me and was like "What are you wearing?"

And I suspected I'd get in trouble for my outfit but he like goes, "Are you going to be like your sister?" I'm assuming he's talking about my oldest sister who was sexually assaulted on her college campus a few years ago so I'm like "Like my sister how?" Because my dad can slut shame and be super close minded and honestly he's a misogynistic spanish man so his views really don't surprise me.

Then he goes, "YOu're going to be gay?" And it actually INFURIATES me. So we get into this huge argument because
A. if I'm gay, I'm gay like it is what it is and if that's what it is support me or get the fuck out
B. It's none of your business my sexual orientation

And he went on about how I don't have boyfriend and closed his argument with wanting grandchildren. it really really pissed me off. Like you can still have grandchildren even if I marry a woman and also just because I've never bought a guy home doesn't mean I don't interact with him.

Ugh I'm falling asleep at my desk.

Needless to say not a good night.
July 5th, 2016 at 08:06am