All the Online Trolls, I'm Begging You, Please Stop!

Hello!

I was scrolling through Facebook, just reading people's status and whatnot. Then I came across an article my friend shared.

There's this local youth with the name Arlina. I've personally never heard about her until today. But apparently she's a writer that writes books about positive body image and she also makes quite a lot of videos promoting positive lifestyle.

However, she also always gets trolled at and ridiculed for being overweight. And these were posted:

Image

Now, her Twitter account has been deleted and no one knows what happens to her. And the worst thing is, there are people out there who are still shamelessly bashing her and saying all these horrible stuff.

Like, there's this tweet that said, "Arlina tried to commit suicide by hanging herself from the ceiling fan but failed because the fan fell off."

And there were tweets saying that she was just trying to fish for attention or that she was going to hell. There were tweets that said "Is she dead yet? Is she in hell now?"

Why, people? Why? The one thing I'm disappointed with the Malaysians is the fact that mental illnesses are still something that is so stigmatized over here. When people claim of being depressed, most people are quick to brush it off saying the person is trying to gain attention. I am so disappointed with my fellow countrymen. I am so disappointed in humanity.

Wherever Arlina is right now, I hope she's safe, surrounded by people who love and care for her.

xxLina
July 5th, 2016 at 08:54am