Cleo's Ultimate Music Log

For starter's, I'd just like to say...

eid mubarak


Yea, check it. I actually went to a masjid yesterday morning to pray. It's the first time in about five or six years in which I've done such a thing. For those of you who know, I have a very agnostic view on these types of things so I decided to use this as an excuse to meditate which made me feel very calm afterwards. Needless to say because of such an attendance, I didn't have to go to the houses my family went to (partly because they thought I was working but no, just being a couch potato) so I agreed to attend one in the late evening. I took my laptop and played a little DA:I because that's the type of mother fucking pterodactyl I am.

Anyway, in honor of the July Activity Challenge, I've decided to do something I've wanted to do for a long time. MUSIC. Not like I'm actually doing music. Because I don't know how you'd make love to that unless you're just touching yourself while listening to music. Don't listen to my bullshit. Onward with the blog.

Image

Image


You know you're an obsessive, die-hard fan when this is what you're proud of in your iTunes library. Oh yea. For those of you who are fans of Seether (though I am to meet any), the history of this band is seriously intense. From Shaun Morgan checking into rehab to his brother's suicide in '07, it was heartbreak after heartbreak. But there's no doubting what an inspirational and all-around good guy Shaun is and honest to god I cry every time I listen to the albums. Whether it be Fragile (which was released back when they were Saron Gas in 2000) to Isolate and Medicate (their most recent album from two years ago), there is literal beauty in all things he creates and sings about.

Image


INFO DUMP: Disclaimer II is Seether's second album. It's is my first ever CD my dad ever gave me...though I question what he was thinking because holy fuck, dad. Anyway, this is a recompilation of the first album and the second. From 2002-2004, the band recorded most of their songs.

Things like Broken—originally an acoustic—was remade as a duet between Shaun Morgan and Amy Lee (SHRIEKING). Then Hang On was featured on the Daredevil soundtrack, Sold Me on WWE's Bad Blood, and Out of My Way on WWE as well as Freddy VS. Jason.

Now here's where my dad went wrong giving me this album for my birthday...partly because songs like Fuck It for an overly deranged teenager with an anger issue was code for "you're all going to die at dinner tonight". But this shit is still my jam, you'd best believe that!

Image


INFO DUMP Karma and Effect is Seether's third album released back in '05. Ah yes, one of the first albums I ever fell across. Remedy took over the number one spot on Billboard Mainstream Rock Tracks (which is also the first song I'd ever heard by these bastards) and they were in the Top 10 of most countries after the initial release. My dad also told me that this was the second album release before lead guitarist Pat left the band almost a year later.

Also can't believe I watched the goddamn Remedy MV almost NINE years ago. Yea I fell in love with the fact that Shaun looked like a zombie psychopath. I WAS A WEIRD KID, ALRIGHT? Not like being twenty has changed much. But I'll give you a few more recs. Shit like Burrito or Because of Me. Yea that aggressive, screaming shit hyped my eleven year old self up to the point of no return.

I also remember being totally hypersensitive as I was diagnosed with depression from early on. Things like Plastic Man or Never Leave hit me with a pool of emotions. Then to top off this bipolar current, I'll throw in Kom Saam Met My because that just shows how Karma and Effect is a whirlwind of feelings.

Image


INFO DUMP: Finding Beauty in Negative Spaces is Seether's fourth album. It was released in '07, the same year Shaun's brother had committed suicide. Rise Above This was dedicated to his brother's passing and was one of the two other singles that topped Billboard (which in this case are Fake It and Breakdown).

FUN FACT: People thought Breakdown was actually dedicated to Amy Lee after she and Shaun broke up, but he denied it. If you see the video, I can see why people would think that.



I already linked it, but the MV is...my, oh my, so beautiful...

Image


INFO DUMP: Holding Onto Strings Better Left to Fray is Seether's fifth studio album. It was released in 2011 after Shaun and Dale promised to follow up their tour with Nickelback along with a whole year off just to focus on this album. You have no idea how patiently I had to wait for this goddamn thing. My baby John (drummer) said the album was "strong, heavy and melodic" which is totally different.

Forsaken is one of those songs that are more on the melodic/strong side regarding the tone of this album. A perfect example and one of my all-time favorites regarding the albums. As opposed to Fur Cue that just makes me want to dance around my room headbangin' and shit. From guitar rifts to Shaun's tone, it's definitely a more heavier brand. His screams (ooh, naughty naughty) are much more different in this album than they are in the previous ones (or for future purposes, Isolate and Medicate). We'll follow this up with Master of Disaster which was the first song I heard of the album. Shaun has a way of making me cry with these relatable lyrics.

It wasn't hard for me to find out that Pass Slowly was dedicated to Shaun's brother as he's done this for the past couple albums. If you think the song is heartbreaking, I dare you to watch the goddamn MV which tore my soul to pieces. This is the type of song I listen to on rainy, Californian days driving through the valley reminiscing on all the people I've lost under similar circumstances.

Image


INFO DUMP: That leaves Isolate and Medicate as the sixth album released by Seether back in 2014! This album reminds me—along with a thousand others—what it's like to have the old Seether back. There's a lot of similarities between this and Karma and Effect. AND IT MAKES ME HAPPY. That post-grunge, alternative, metal shit that made me as sadistic and psycho during the good ole' days are back.

Songs like Words as Weapons reminds me distinctively of Mad World, or perhaps it just reminds me of the song. I am yet to listen to both side by side and figure out what makes me feel that way...or if my opinion changes. Also this album is chalk full of inspiration for writing, like Nobody Prayin' For Me. whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat because I love this so much.

Now I'll spend most of this time rejoicing because I found out how to finally sync my goddamn phone to my car so it plays my music. Can you tell I've been writing this blog post since yesterday? It's pretty extensive. Who knew talking about music could be such a pain in the ass.

Regardless, I'll use this moment as an excuse to drop in a shit load of good K-POP JAMS BC I HAVEN'T LISTENED TO K-POP PROPERLY IN FOREVER. I know that's hard to believe given that almost three years ago, I was drop dead obsessed and would always circulate the K-Pop Fandom Club (lowkey still active)



So we all know the infamous iKON boys, yes? I only say infamous because of Bobby's spitfire disses back when they debuted (or was it before that?). Many people in the K-pop fandom would know that he dissed other rappers—idols like Ravi from VIXX or Rap Monster from BTS. Though he justified his claims stating that he did it to "not disregard other idols" or because he didn't want to be "overshadowed by talented sunbae's", I was legit like *EYE ROLLS SO HARD, THE WORLD FLIPS OVER*, but I don't give a fuck because that's rude and so not cool for a rookie. Weird approach, bro.

Regardless, I do think iKON is full of talent. I don't know all the names of these presh babes, but their Rhythm Ta MV is full of swagger. And, okay, I won't lie. Bobby is fuckin' hot. And I found out he's a month older than me. I don't know how to feel. I'm just saying, if this turns into a love story between he and I, it'd be a goddamn interesting one.



Okay, I love BTS, but I never watch their MV's until they've been out for two + months or something because I literally soil my underwear. With that said, I felt like I was having aggressive sex watching Fire *FANS SELF* Holy fuck. First of all. Yoongi. GTFO. So done with you. Also WHY IS RAP MON'S VOICE SO DEEP WHEN HE SPEAKS IN THE BEGINNING. JESUS CHRIST. God is testing me. And I'll go on to say—maknae boy Kookie *strokes his face*—you need to stop. I can't even look at Jimin or Jin OR TAEHYUNG, WHAT THE FUCK?????????

For extra credit, I'm throwing in Dope because wow, talk about dropping my pants faster than the eye can see.



I'm very torn with EXO because I love them so much, but partly why I fell off the face of the planet regarding K-pop was the horrible year this genre had down in S.Korea (-.-t) and the fact that Kris left (followed by Lulu and Tao but lowkey fuck Tao because why would you be like that after you left???). But have you seen him (Kris) recently because HOT DAMN THAT CHINESE MAN. But aye, I'm thirsty for Baekhyun and his lip ring. AND JESUS, KAI. Also holla at Chanyeol's rap.



I will top off my MV drop with the all powerful MONSTA X. They're literally what I live and breathe for currently. BECAUSE JUST LOOK @ WONHO AND HYUNGWON. WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY why. Also this is my first time watching the rooftop MV and I am so wet. See, you don't tell me to talk about K-pop because I say TMI shit. But that's alright. We're all family here, mibs.

I'll throw in Rush and Trespass. MORE PANTY DROPS.-

Image

Image

Image


Onward to more foreign babes. I don't listen to as much J-rock as I'd like, but let me tell you, I'm slowly climbing the ladder to success!

Dir En Grey is my all favored Japanese metal band with their overly gross MV's. Oh yes, if you have a weak stomach, don't even bother. Though for some reason I'm like ten times more attracted to Kyo when he's being a psychopath. Lowkey have a problem. ALSO DIE IS MY GUILTY PLEASURE. SUCH ALLURE AND GRACE. WHY? That also leaves me vulnerable when it comes down to Toshi and his arms, Shinya and his marvelous hair, and Kaoru babe with his eye-smiles. Stop it. STOP.

I won't link the super gross MV's because just from the YouTube covers people get all queasy. But I will link some of my favorites because Kyo is a GOD. His voice is beautiful. I don't even know how he can sing or scream (NAUGHTY) like that. Perfect example is Cause of Ficklness. DAT LAUGH IN THE BEGINNING THO.

Their ARCHE album is by far my most favorite. It's not as hardcore as some of their other pieces though it still leans on the heavy side.

Girugamesh reminds me a lot of Seether. Like the Japanese visual kei version of my favored post-grunge alternative metal group. Needless to say half of their music sounds like the opening theme for anime, and it makes me ten times more happier than need be. The saddest part of this whole charade is that Girugamesh is disbanding this month. When I heard the news, I was literally torn to pieces. I discovered these bastards a few years ago, but became heavily attached. So there's no doubt how saddened I am.

Even so, I will say that I WILL FOREVER LOVE AND BE ON #TEAMSATOSHI! I'm still in desperate need of downloading the rest of their albums. I have Monster and Girugamesh, but that's about it. Dominos is just a beautiful song overall. Satoshi's vocals. Man, what the fuck? I have never heard something as perfect as this. It's just not right and he's just not fair. I'm sure he's a god too. A SEX GOD WHO I WILL SERVE ON MY KNEES.







watch these and tell me that satoshi-kun is not a god. he is a god. i want him in my bed. emo boys for lyfe.

On a more serious note, I will finally conclude this blog with The Gazette because they're vibing on my list and are oh-so delicious. Yes, I'm in love with...all of them if I'm being honest. From cranky Aoi to my flawless Ruki, I simply cannot choose one to love for the rest of eternity. So I have allowed them an all access pass to a gangbang featuring me.



Ruki initially stole my heart the first time I watched The Invisible Wall. Hot damn. This man knows how to star in an MV. 1:05. BLESS. I'll follow that up with Filth in the Beauty (which I originally thought was about a rapist if you watch the MV, but it seems to have a deeper meaning revolving abuse?) Honestly. WATCH FROM 2:15-2:38. That head bangin' session is legit what I live for.

I started this blog last night at 9PM and I'm posting it now at 10PM the next day. DEDICATION.
July 8th, 2016 at 07:37am