I'm Ready for the Holidays

First, would someone be kind enough to make me a new blog layout with Image this picture?

Not that I don't love the one I have, it's amazing. I just fell in love with that photo when I found it. I'd be so grateful.

I live for the holiday season. I really do. I'm at my best, emotionally, around the holidays. Minus this past one, because we had some terrible things happen in y family only a few weeks before Thanksgiving. But even then, I was the one who was desperate for it to be a good season. I baked and wrapped gifts, did crafts. Even when everyone around me was miserable and depressed, I tried really hard to make it a great holiday. I failed. But it's a new year!

Hopefully .

I made a holiday blog on tumblr. It's called pumpkinsandornaments . You should totally check it out! I love it, it's my baby.

I live in a state where we don't get a lot of different weather variations to begin with, and then I live in the part of the state were all we get is hot, hotter and hottest. So, I live off of pictures and movies and the desperate attempt at making my home as Halloween-ish, Thanksgiving-ish and Christmas-ish as I can. I love the smells and the music. I wholeheartedly agree with the statement "Christmas is a feeling". It really, really is.

I'll probably start ordering my Yankee Candles online soon, we don't have one in my city.

My husband is not big into the holidays, so he puts me in charge of it all. I got him to carve pumpkins with me this past year, and then our dogs ate them.... We had the faces of Belle and Beast carved amazingly. Only because my Husband is a great artist. So this year, I'll probably do words on my pumpkins.

I convinced him to buy a tree and when we got to the store he wanted to pick the colors. So, I think he's slowly falling into the holiday spirit. He's been gone for the military for so long, he didn't really celebrate them. Now that he's with me, the most festive in the family, I think he'll get the hang of everything.

I'm so excited that the holidays are just around the corner. I already want to start decorating!

I've even decided to get a small Christmas tree and a small jack-o-lantern tattooed behind my ears.

What's your favorite holiday?
Do you have a favorite holiday movie?
Favorite holiday food?

Image
July 8th, 2016 at 06:48pm