Possible Future Contest + Confused

So I've been looking around Mibba and Mibba's layout/banner shops and have realized that most people use white people as their characters or when they write fanfiction they make the love interest white.

because of this, I want to make a challenge where people who want to participate must wrote a story or one shot using people of color. The whole character selection doesn't have to be P.O.C. but main love interest if written as a romance must be P.O.C.

I want more representation of P.O.C. in stories because it's hurtful for someone who is dark to see banners on stories of only white people because it unconsciously reenforces the idea that white people are more attractive and make better love interest. In the Harry Potter movies, Lavender Brown was played by a dark skinned black girl but the moment she was to be introduced as Ron's love interest, she was switched to a white actress.

What is so ugly about think, kinky curly hair, dark skin, brown eyes, big noses?

I don't want this to only help the flow of black girls in stories but P.O.C. girls that are darker, too. Dark Indian girls, dark girls from Korea or China, dark girls in general.

I want dark girls who have been told they're too ugly because of their skin to be seen, seen as more than, seen as better and beautiful, like we deserve.

Please comment/recommend if you guys would be interested in this type of challenge!
July 10th, 2016 at 01:15am