Becoming More Active & Finding My Mojo (+Story Recs?)

Mibba, ~we meet again~

So I've been on this site for years - I can't actually find anywhere with my joining date, but I think it was probably about 2009 (??) . Over the course of those years, I've been active on and off.

It's funny, because I find that my writing style changes fairly significantly during my 'off' periods, so when I come back to Mibba I find myself deleting most of my stuff and starting again. I keep everything on my computer, of course, but there are always changes going on with my things.

Right now is an 'on' period, and I've been writing nearly every day, which has been nice. This time around it's been tricky to get back in to the swing of things and find what I really want to write about - I find that competitions are good for this because they give you a starting point and you can build your imagination around that. It's tricky, though - I want to keep improving but it's easy to overwork yourself and get stuck in a rut. The balancing act of life!

To that end, does anyone have any good stories to recommend me? I feel like I need to get back in to reading and commenting again, I miss it!

xx B

PS. - here's a song I've virtually had on repeat for six months straight since The Avalanches announced they were releasing new music - I AM SO EXCITED IT'S UNREAL.

July 12th, 2016 at 03:09am