Scoliosis + I Feel Like the Next Frida Kahlo

I feel like the next Frida Kahlo only not talented and unknown. Which is fine with me. I'm taking a drawing class and I'm in so much pain lately I have to draw in my bed like Frida did for a while when she had plaster corsets on if any of you have seen the movie Frida and/or read about Frida's life. My mother is obsessed with her so I have spent my life learning about her and her artwork.

Image

I feel like this because I have scoliosis and it's not getting any better and I can't fix it. Last night we took my cousin to a place here in Arizona that's like filled with wall to wall trampolines, foam pits, rock walls and I did all of it. I spent two hours on the trampolines and 30 minutes going up and down the rock walls because my parents always joke about how the only physical activity I get was dance during the season and how I'm not athletic so I wanted to prove them wrong and I did. I made it up all the walls and I was doing flips and cartwheels, tour jetes and cheerleading moves.

This morning I woke up in the worse pain I've felt all year. I used to feel this way for days and weeks on ends about four-two years ago before I started dance and yoga. I can't mov without being in excruciating pain, my arms hurt, my legs are heavy and my back feels like it's crushing itself or crumbling.

I hope I don't spend my days off from school bedridden, painting and smoking.
July 16th, 2016 at 06:24am