The Victorious Life of Victoria

The wonderful and ever so lovely Victoria gets all lights on her today! Victoria is one of the most creative writers on here because her style is unique, and I really love that about her. We haven’t formally chatted {let’s change that!} but I really appreciate all you do on this site (with the contests you host to your editing hub). I’d also like to congratulate you on placing in one of my contests!

MIBBA LIFE:
questions about the writer in you


I'm sure everyone here knows who you are but please, tell us your name, u/n and for an extra spice, your zodiac sign!
I am Victoria, my username is exploding boy. (but I'm probably better known as nearly witches.) and I'm a Sagittarius through and through!

Your winning entry Here Is the Church is full of mystery and charismatic characters. What inspired you to create this piece?
I grew up in a very Catholic extended family, and when I made my First Communion, I genuinely thought the little wafer things were parts of Jesus like they told us and I spent like up until I was about 12 freaking out because I thought that the Catholic Church was some kind of cannibalistic cult. I coupled that with the nursery rhyme I chose (which always creeped me out because I never seen the pastor saying his prayers line as anything other than the pastor having to pray for his life -- I was a weird kid) and just decided to go with a cannibal congregation.

If you could post stories specifically about one genre, what would it be? Why?
War. Not because I'm a supporter of war or anything, but because there's so many different ways you can go with it and it makes for really interesting characters. Also, I'm a history nut so it makes researching very easy and exciting.

Sam’s Comment: I definitely love this answer because not much people write about War and I just appreciate this unique choice!

One of the best things about writing is creating your own characters. Can you name one character of yours who you adore the most?
That's a difficult question! At the moment, I'd probably say Ruedi from Tommy Guns because he starts off as this terribly naïve personality and he's not going to be that way by the end, without giving too much away. He's really interesting to write as well because I always write about soldiers in war fiction, but he's a medic so I think it'll be really cool to see how that works. He's just my favourite character right now, I guess, haha.

Can you compare your writing techniques to the year you first joined Mibba to now? How have you changed?
HA. So when I joined I sucked at basically everything. I didn't have any knowledge on how dialogue grammar worked, I was terribly un-descriptive and I was like 13, so all of my stories were so dramatic. I can now write dialogue, I think I'm pretty good at adding description and I actually write about more believable things than I did back then, so I've definitely changed for the better.

Your writing style is unique and it's one of the best things about your writing persona Image Can you tell us about your favorite stories you've ever written?
There's probably 2 that I'm extra-proud of. The first is Unit 731, which was my first proper foray into writing again after I stopped for a long time. I poured a lot into it when I was writing the first couple of chapters and it's probably the story I have on here with the most reccs and stuff. The second is Sarajevo Burning, which was a totally different thing for me and a total experiment that I'm very pleased with so far. The characters are so gritty and it's really nice to get into a story like that where everything is just that gritty way.

MUSIC LIFE:
questions about the musician in you


Out of all the instruments in the world, which one would you play your entire life?
Trumpet! I love playing the trumpet but I just don't have the need to anymore, which breaks my heart. It's probably the instrument I'm most proficient on as well, so I'd sound a lot better playing it than anything else.

Many songs hold hidden messages. If you can create a tune, what would your song be about? Love? Friendship? Family?
Ooh. Probably friendship. I'm not a huge love person.

I'd like you to pick three of your favorite bands and number them from 1-3 (i.e. Maroon 5 - 1; Arctic Monkeys - 2; One Direction - 3). Answer the following questions accordingly.
1) Simple Plan
2) Alkaline Trio
3) Smashing Pumpkins

From band number 3, which song would you jam to at a karaoke bar?
'Bullet With Butterfly Wings'. I'd totally just go nuts and it'd be great.

Your friends with someone from band number 1. You go bowling with___? Why?
David Desrosiers, because he's a babe. I am the most shallow person on this planet.

From band number 2, what is the first song you heard from them? How did that make you feel?
I actually don't remember! I jumped on the AK3 bandwagon pretty late. I think it was probably 'Help Me' because it was playing on Kerrang! TV a lot at the time, and I'm pretty sure I just remember thinking that the song was so catchy. Then I listened to their older stuff and got totally hooked.

From band number 1, which song would you say best describes your current feelings?
At the moment, I'd probably say 'Grow Up' because I don't wanna grow up, ha.

LIFE LIFE:
questions about the victorious life of Victoria


You decide it's time to hit up your local hair salon. Do you change up your hairstyle with the entire works (change hair color / length) or do you come in for something more simple?
Had this been a question a few years back, I'd definitely have been entire works but I've been trying to calm down the craziness with my hair lately because the last time I dyed it turquoise back in January, I basically destroyed my hair. So I guess at this moment in time, it'd probably be simple -- quick trim, get my bangs back in and dye it black.

Do you own any furry friends (do you have pets)?
Yes! I have a puppy (read: dog that is not even remotely a puppy but I still call a puppy) called Poppy. She's a black Labrador and she's pretty much my favourite living creature on the planet. She's always happy to see me and she's a little bit nuts, but she's my baby.

Sam’s Comment: AWWW that’s so cute omg {my grandma calls her dog - she’s had him since I was 5 years old- a puppy hehe}

Many people have had some colorful childhood dream jobs. What was your dream job when you were younger?
I had a whole bunch! I always wanted to be a palaeontologist when I was little because of Jurassic Park though.

Name five things you love about yourself! Ready set go!
1. I have pretty eyes.
2. I guess I have a good sense of humour.
3. I'm pretty friendly.
4. I am very passionate about basically anything.
5. I am a loser, but I'm an endearing loser.

Some people binge Friends. Some people watch reruns of Bob's Burgers. What is your favorite TV show?
Criminal Minds, for sure. I never get tired of re-watching it.

Sam’s Comment: YES! I can re-watch any season of whatever epi of CM haha

You somehow receive a USB full of the 21 seasons about your life. Everything important to you in on this flash drive. What's the most watched season?
Season 20: the year I went to the Netherlands and got drunk all the time. I did a lot of stupid things. The most watched episode probably has to do with the time I got pulled over by the police for cycling home while being so drunk that I could barely see, and then got away with it somehow by telling them I was foreign. I'm pretty proud of that. I know I shouldn't be but shhh.

__

I’d like to thank Victoria for giving me the chance to interview her! Although this interview ends here, feel free to read more of her stories to get another feel of her personality and style!
July 18th, 2016 at 02:20am