James Carstairs Fanfiction?

I don't talk enough about my love for The Infernal Devices, The Mortal Instruments and the whole Shadowhunter world. Over the years I've attempted fanfictions. First was City of Clockwork, it was a Jace Herondale fanfiction. The second was The Last Herondales, which would have been a fanfiction with some hints of a romance between the main female character and Jem Carstairs.. Now I'm thinking about doing a full blown Jem fanfiction. I just love him as a character. He's my favorite character from Infernal Devices (with Magnus being close second). I have a rough idea for the story and even made a banner for in; just in case I decide to write it.

Image

One thing about doing faceclaims of characters from books that don't have moive aspects is finding the right person. Your vision is sometimes hard to bring to life or the person you'd think would be perfect doesn't have many pictures that'll work for a banner. Anthony Neely is who I decided to go with. He doesn't fit my exact vision of Jem but it's the closest I can get.

The story is going to involve music heavily, especially the violin. And I'm not sure if it's going to be based during The Infernal Devices or after City of Heavenly Fire. I'm thinking after Heavenly Fire. But I'm still smoothing out the rough edges.

I'm torn between whether or not I should write this.
July 25th, 2016 at 11:14pm