PR: 5 Reasons Why I Will Never Listen to Eminem Again, nor Let My Kids

I unfortunately see a lot of women and young girls listening, quoting and loving Eminem but it’s no secret that Eminem is the ultimate and definition misogynist. In his lyrics he talks constantly about killing women whom he calls ‘sluts’ and uses the f-word. Not my personal favorite curse word, but the word that degrades and puts down the queer community, that holds societies hated against us. These are the reasons I wasn’t allowed to listen to him growing up and the second I was able to do what I wanted freely, I regretted it. I grew up cringing at the names Slim Shady and Marshal Mathers and waited patiently for him to fade away.

Personally, I don’t pay much mind to white men who cry about being picked on and hate women to no end in the most violent ways. Unfortunately, Eminem has international fans, thousands of people supporting him but listening to his music. But the thing is, he’s not fit to be an icon. He’s a 43 year old man with a longstanding anger management problems who refuses to take accountability.

Here is only five reasons, on many, why I will never, ever support Eminem, be friends with someone who supports him or let my future kids listen to him:

1. His Blatant Disrespect for Cristina, and really, his disrespect for everyone.

A couple years ago, Cristina Aguilera and her sister told MTV Eminem was "cute but women need to watch out for abusive guys" to which Eminem’s response was to record his song “Off The Wall” with the lyrics: Causin’ terror to Christina Aguilera / When I grab her by her hair and drag her across the sahara. This feud continued on with his single “The Real Slim Shady”:

Yo Shit, Christina Aguilera better switch me chairs
So I can sit next to Carson Daly and Fred Durst
And hear 'em argue over who she gave head to first
Little bitch, put me on blast on MTV
'Yeah, he's cute, but I think he's married to Kim, hee-hee!'
I should download her audio on MP3
And show the whole world how you gave Eminem VD


Eminem's feud are plenty which is why they used to have their own Wikipedia page, since taken down, most likely by a fan or his media representative. His feud with the Insane Clown Posse (literally over a flyer) escalated into gun play, almost landing him in jail. He claimed in many songs to have a relationship with Mariah Carey, which she heavily denies. When Moby called him out for being sexist, he told him, "Blow me.” Eminem's main gimmick is getting attention by being a total asshole, making him everything that's wrong with contemporary American masculinity.

2. He Endorses Violence Against Women

The Marshal Mathers LP 2 has proved that Eminem hasn’t changed. It’s been 20 years since the release of his first album and yet he still encourages, and fantasizes about violence against women. His his world, “punishment” is acceptable for men who piss him off and women who “disrespect him” but then again, anything a woman does will be disrespect in a misogynists eyes. His latest album from 2013 includes vivid lyrics about shooting women with machine guns which is a jump up from his 2000’s disgusting thoughts of choking “sluts” to death. Lucy Jones for NME summs it up pretty well:

Pulling Eminem up on his depiction of women is nothing new and the word ‘misogyny’ is often loosely bandied around the rapper. What does the word even stand for today? If we take it in its simplest form to mean 'the hatred of women’, Eminem’s guilty. In the quotes above he legitimises violence against women, demeans them as subordinate, and deserving of physical harm if they cross him.

Rap and hip-hop have had a misogyny problem for a long time. Yet in 2013 there is no sign of a solution.


During a Shady Records freestyle, Eminem used Janay Rice, wife of Ray Rice who was punched by Ray on camera, as a target along with Lana Del Ray who was ionically a fan.

"But I may fight for gay rights, especially if they d--e is more of a knockout than Janay Rice. Play nice, b----h. I'll punch Lana Del Rey in the face twice like Ray Rice in broad daylight in plain sight of elevator surveillance, 'til the head is banging on the railing, then celebrate with the Ravens."

During the prime of the feud between Iggy Azalea and Nicki Minaj, Eminem put his two cents in in his song "Vegas" yet again crossing a line. "Unless you're Nicki, grab you by the wrist, let's ski. So what's it gon' be? Put that s--t away Iggy. You gon' blow that rape whistle or me?"

Pamela Anderson isn't even a rapper but yet found her way in his crossfire: "Got pissed off and ripped Pamela Lee's t--s off and smacked her so hard I knocked her clothes backwards like Kris Kross."

Eminem's uncalled for attack on Mariah Carey even had Busta Rhymes telling Dr. Dre to put a leash on his protege and to "leave her alone" because of the verse pulled from the song "Bagpipes in Baghdad" which also took a jab at her ex-husband, Nick Cannon: "I mean I really want you bad you c---t. Nick, you had your fun. I've come to kick it when you sacked that chump. Nick Cannon, you prick, I wish you luck with the f---g wh--e."

What about the time he released a real song titled "Kill You" directed at every woman. There is no hidden messages in this song, practically begging women everywhere to file a restraining order against Eminem and this song is so horrible, I believe that U.S. laws should give women the rights to get restraining orders due to violent language used in this song. "Slut you think I won't choke no wh--e? 'Til the vocal chords don't work in her throat no more?"

3. His Vocabulary is Limited and Disgusting

Let's go back to when I mention he uses the word f*ggot. Many people were sickened by his 2013 album release when he used the f-word, making many people slap their foreheads, thinking, do we really have to have this conversation again.

"My words are like a dagger with a jagged edge/ That'll stab you in the head/ Whether you're a f-- or a lez."

"It feels bad to still be having this conversation [13 years later]," Byard told MTV News about the use of words like "f--" by Eminem, who hit the MTV EMA stage on Sunday November 10th, 2013 where he performed and was honored with the Global Icon award.

Eminem insists that he isn't anti-gay nor has any problem with gay people which makes me laugh considering his constant and never-ending abuse towards the gay community - especially towards gay men. If Eminem's raps reflect of his every day life in any sense, he is defiantly anti-gay and riding the Trump boat.

4. His Blatant Disrespect Towards His Mother, Damning Her To Hell

Yes, his mother wan't that great, but what do you expect from a single mother who raised four kids then later let a runaway stay with them? we can blame and hate our parents all we want for making us who we are and providing us with less than ideal childhood but those do not give you leeway to disrespect someone in the way Eminem has done and this is coming form someone who has had it just as bad with their mother and financially. John Katz, a well known male feminist, wrote:

It is hard to say what percentage of the Eminem faithful relate to his oft-articulated rage at his mother. But consider this anecdotal evidence. I attended an Eminem concert in southern California during the "Anger Management" tour a couple of years ago. At one point, Eminem ripped off a string of angry expletives about his mother, (something like "F-you, bitch!") after which a sizable cross-section of the 18,000 person crowd joined in a violent chant repeating the verbal aggression against Ms. Mathers (and no doubt other mothers by extension.)

Why is this aspect of the Eminem phenomenon such a cause for concern? No one begrudges Eminem, or anyone else, the right to have issues – including in some cases being very angry with their mothers. But it is not a great stretch to see that Eminem's anger can easily be generalized to all women – tens of millions of whom are mothers -- and used as yet another rationale for some men's deeply held misogyny.

Considering Eminem's (and his mother's) roots on the economic margins of "white trash" Detroit, class is also a critical factor here. Poor women – especially poor women of color -- are easy scapegoats for many societal problems. Eminem's fans presumably know little about the context within which Debbie Mathers (who is white) tried to raise her kids. Might we have some compassion for her as we are asked to for him?[i/]

5. He Proudly Rapped About Killing Kim...Many Times

The song "Kim" on the 2000 album Marshal Mathers LP is one of the most horrifying, degrading, repulsive pieces o music ever made. Despite that he wrote and recored a song about brutally killing the mother of his child, Eminem decided to perform the song with a blow up doll to reenact said murder with real-life Kimberly Mathers (nee Scott) in the audience which made her drive home, run up the stairs to the master bathroom and make a suicide attempt.

The terror on Kim doesn't stop. Eminem has constantly touched on the subject, including the 1997 song "Bonnie & Clyde" where he raps about taking his and Kim's daughter to a lake to dump Kim's corpse into a lake.
July 31st, 2016 at 02:32am