Recovery Through Photography + Art

As most of you may know, my name is Maev and I am 17 year old artist. I live in Arizona, U.S.A. with my parents and three dogs. I am currently a French and art history student at college and I paint, write and take pictures on the side.

Art was first introduced to me at a young age. My mother is a photographer and she would buy/give me cameras and encourage photography heavily. I found my own world in photography, I could use different lense to make the world around me look different and a place I want to be in. I later began to write stories and poems in secret, too scared to show people my work. I began talk one-on-one therapy when I was 13 and when I was 15 I started going to art therapy that was a group of young girls my age because I had a very hard time connecting with my peers at the time.

I was diagnosed with chronic depression, an extreme anxiety disorder, insomnia and psychogenic amnesia, or dissociative amnesia. I take medication for anxiety and insomnia. Below is some of my photography I found pretty enough to post. You can follow my new photography blog @ciritella on tumblr and @ciriitella on instagram.

Image

take me away from this place

my backyard, arizona
2016

Image
Image

None can be better, none can be stronger. And no one will hold judgement over my head, for I am a beacon, a forest fire. The tired yards set ablaze, I am the smoldering ember in the darkness that surrounds us all.

my house during a rain storm
2016

Image

Who's zoomin' who?

Image

The time that I’ve taken to myself has left me with the feeling that I may just be fine all alone.

my house during a rainstorm
2016

Image

Lightning is a sudden electrostatic discharge during an electrical storm between electrically charged regions of a cloud, between that cloud and another cloud, or between a cloud and the ground.

my backyard during a lightning "show"
2016

Image
Image
Image

I don’t want to go to bed.
In fear of not waking up.
Dreaming endlessly
Never able to say goodbye my way.
Never able to tell you I had been dreaming of spending the day with you.
m.c.l.


my backyard,
2016

You guys can follow my blog ciritella.tumblr.com.
August 1st, 2016 at 08:40pm