I'm Not Ashamed

Yes, I am a quarter black. Am I ashamed of it? Nope, not one bit. And yes, that's why my hair is hard to manage sometimes. And before you ask, no, I'm definitely not putting all that chemical shit in my hair just to make it not as frizzy. My hair is thick and it grows pretty fast, and I love it because it's so damn fluffy! Oh, and yeah, I'm one of the darkest kids in my school, which is surprising because I'm not that dark at all. But I'm not ashamed of it. At all.

I'm not ashamed that I'm not really skinny. Over half of the girls in my grade are either naturally skinny or they have some kind of eating disorder, which is very unfortunate and sad, but I'm completely comfortable with myself. I'm comfortable with the fact that I don't have a thigh gap. I'm comfortable not having a flat stomach. And do I have stretch marks? A little bit. But I'm okay with that. I can tell people I'm a tiger, and who doesn't want to be a tiger? They're awesome. And I'm absolutely okay with being a size eleven in pants, which is bigger than a lot of girls in my grade, and being one hundred forty or one hundred fifty pounds, even though I'm 5'7. But to be completely honest, no fucks by me are being given. So, no, I'm not ashamed of how I look, because quite frankly I believe I'm fabulous.

Oh, and by the way, all of you are fabulous too. You all are special and unique.
August 5th, 2016 at 12:45am