Her Tomato Plant Finally Grew: An Interview With exploding boy.

I am so sorry that it took so long for me to release this interview. I have a lot of excuses but I mainly: forgot and got lazy to post. But enough of that!

Victhe garlic bread, previously known as nearly witches, now as exploding boyand the garlic bread is the second place winner of my— in simpler terms —romance contest. Her entry, Tommy Guns & Stolen Kisses, is an amazing piece. Albeit the romance is somewhat secondary in the story, in my opinion, the way it was written is perfect. I don't have any qualms about it except for the romance factor but I cannot deny how great this story is.

Now, here is the very basic interview that I conducted (I'm sorry— it's my first time doing this lmao):

How did you get your Mibba username?
It's the name of a song by The Cure, which was covered by Alkaline Trio and seeing as I am shameless Alkaline Trio trash, I decided it would be a good username before realising that people probably now think I know more about The Cure than I actually do. My bad, guys.

How long have you been lurking on Mibba?[
Since the beginning of time HAHA. In all seriousness though, I think it's been about 7 or 8 years now, or something to that effect.

What do you in your free time (aside from lurk on Mibba)?
You mean you think I do things other than go on Mibba? I don't know what else there is apart from Mibba. Mibba is life. Jokes, jokes. I like to garden, play a multitude of musical instruments and watch the football when it's on.

Favorite band?
I refuse to answer this question. How is this even fair, I have like a gagillion favourite artists. Ugh. Erm... to name a few: Simple Plan, Alkaline Trio, 30 Seconds to Mars, Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana, Sugarcult and manymanymany more.

Which Mibbian/s would you bring to a roadtrip?
You mean aside from you because you're clearly on the list? Ella, Alex, Lizz, Raveena, Fae and Sam, probably. I think that'd be a pretty damn cool road trip.

On the scale of 1-10, how much do you hate cockroaches?
A gagillion.

What was the first thing you did after graduating?
I went and got ice-cream HAHAHA why am I such a loser.

On the scale of 1-Kimi, how embarrassing are your funny experiences?
I don't think I'm quite Kimi, but I'm close. As an example, let me tell you the story of my nineteenth birthday. My friend kept buying shots for 3 of us (herself, me and another friend) and my other friend wasn't drinking them, she was putting them in my drink which I guess is kind of like spiking me. After about 20 shots of Sambuca / tequila I understandably could barely walk. We got kicked out of one pub and walked (read: crawled) to another pub where I got sold more booze. I ended up needing to puke so I was sitting with my head in a toilet bowl just crying because I couldn't puke and then I dropped my ring that I was wearing down the toilet and my friend told me to pick it out the toilet and I did (it was empty, can I add) and then they had to phone my dad to pick me up because the taxi driver said I was too drunk for him to drive home and then I told my dad that one of my eyes had stopped working and had to be carried into the car by two of my friends and then I fell up the stairs when I got home and burst my nose and just went to bed all bloody and fully dressed and woke up the next morning wondering why my purse was wet to be informed that I had decided that my bag had needed a drink and poured some cider in my bag. Needless to say, I have never had Sambuca since.

What genre do you usually write about and why?
War, because I'm a sadistic bastard, ha. I'm just a history nut and writing about war requires a lot of research and I'm the kind of kid who likes to read nonfiction books.

Do the books you read differ from what you write?
...no. I write what I read and I read what I write. There's no excitement or difference in my life.

Favorite book?
It changes quite a lot, but I always come back to Tokyo Year Zero by David Peace. I picked it up for like 50p at a book sale when I was younger and it's probably the best book I've ever bought. I could read it over and over again.

When did you start writing and why?
Probably when I was very little. I had a very active imagination and one of my teachers told me to write stories for English class. I've kinda been obsessed ever since. I used to write a lot of stories about aliens, though. I think mini-Victoria wanted to be abducted by aliens or something.

Do you think you can write something out of your comfort zone?
I can. I do try to do so occasionally but I always come back to the same genres every time.

Do you have any writing ritual?
Not really. I tend to stick on some music and make sure I have a lot of juice nearby, but that's about it.

Original fiction or fanfiction?
Original fiction. I feel like (and this is just a generalisation so I apologise if I insult anybody) sometimes original fiction has more in it, because original fiction tends to require a lot more for somebody to read it. I know I've read fanfiction in the past purely because it was within whatever fandom I was reading at the time, whereas I am a lot more picky with my original fiction. I'm not putting fanfiction writers down, obviously -- I write fanfiction myself -- but it does seem like people need to put more effort into OF and I find it slightly better due to that.

What’s your favorite story on Mibba?
I have so many, but I always come back to We Were Birds when asked this question.

Do you have any ideas you want to write about or stories that you’ve written recently? aka please promote
Run, Rabbit, Push / Shove and OSX 4.2 are three of my newest pieces, and I've got a whole bunch coming up. I'd really love to write a story based on the TV show Sense8, and I wanna write a story about 2 students in music school, but we'll see. I should finish stories first before starting new ones, ha.

Lastly, her tomato plant finally grew guys and she ate it (#goals) and she loves garlic bread so much that she's already one.
August 6th, 2016 at 06:43pm