An Interview With losing control. Who Does Not Sit on a Throne of Lies but Not Truths Either

I AM SORRY LIZ.

Lizwho does not sit on a throne of lies, previously idunnoi’msosorryireallydon’tknowwhatherpastunwas (I legit know that she had a username before but I don’t remember exactly what it was), now known as losing control. is undeniably one of the best writers in Mibba. Honestly, have you read her drabbles? They’re FANTASTIC BUT NOT FAKE LIKE PLASTIC. Okay, that was a bad joke, a very bad joke. I am sorry again. Anyway, her entry, Galaxy Mind is breathtaking. I love it so so much. Despite some things that I mentioned in my review, it’s still stunning. I hope you guys can find the time to read it.

Here is another basic interview I did because I’m also pretty basic but Liz is far from basic, truly:

How did you get your Mibba username?
It was from a song (I can't even remember which one now) and 15 year old me was like LOVE HOW ANGSTY IT SOUNDS.

How long have you been lurking on Mibba?
About 7 years.

What do you in your free time (aside from lurk on Mibba)?
I play a lot of video games, watch a lot of Netflix, and I'm becoming a big fan of card games.

Favorite game?
League of Legends, of course Image

If you can be any game character, who would you be?
I'd wanna be someone with some sort of cool power. Since my brain is stuck on League, maybe Ahri, because I could be a sexy fox with a cool orb that sucks men's life forces from them Image

If you had a million dollars (without being taxed lmao), what would you do with it?
I'd pay off my debt, help my boyfriend pay off his debt, buy a bunch of stuff from Sephora and Lush, and save the rest Image

What’s one weird habit that you have?
I bounce up and down when I'm waiting for something. Or just sitting there. In lines from planes I just bounce, and if I'm sitting down I bounce my legs up and down.
SAME THOUGH, LIZ, SAME.

Can you share an embarrassing experience Image?
My entire life is an embarrassing experience. BUT, when I was younger I went to Walmart with my mom and took a detour to the bathroom and didn't think anyone was in there, so I started to sing this awful song. Awful as in super cheesy and just ugh. And then when I finished, some lady was standing there and was like WOW YOU'RE A GREAT SINGER GOOD JOB and I just hid in the stall because oh my god I'd just sung in front of this random lady and she wouldn't stop trying to talk to me.

Looking back on it, it's not quite as embarrassing now, but holy shit I couldn't deal with it at the time Image


What genre do you usually write about and why?
I'm a big romance fan. I just love exploring different relationships and figuring out fluffy ways to make characters interact.

Do the books you read differ from what you write?
Not generally. I read a lot of YA romance[.]
Same, Liz, same again.

Favorite book?
Looking for Alaska by John Green and Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell are tied.

When did you start writing and why?
Technically I started writing when I was 8, because my library was having this writing contest and my mom thought that was a fantastic idea. I won 2nd place for a story about a girl who had a dream that stars were falling, but it turns out they were bringing world peace.

But I started writing seriously when I joined Mibba, because I saw all these great stories and really wanted to write stuff that would make people feel all the emotions.
DUDE YOU ALREADY DO THOUGH.

Do you think you can write something out of your comfort zone?
I definitely try. I've been writing some sci-fi, which is out of my comfort zone, and I have to write a war story at some point (thanks Vic)

Do you have any writing ritual?
I made a playlist that has a weird mix of songs that I always listen to, because it gets me inspired, and I generally just have to be comfy and I'm good to go. I've always started making character boards on Pinterest which seems to be helping with character development.

Original fiction or fanfiction?
Original. I feel like I have a much better time writing my own characters than trying to figure out the personalities of real people.

What’s your favourite story on Mibba?
If i have to pick just one, Bambi by Fae because she's queen.
TRUE.

Do you have any ideas you want to write about or stories that you’ve written recently? aka please promote
Do I ever. I won't go over all of them but there's a couple I'm super excited for:

Untouchable is a story I just started for Ella's Fictionalize Yourself contest. It's based on my experiences with long distance relationships and it's mainly written in an instant message format, which has been super interesting.

Real is my gay cyborg story for Ella's robot contest. Well, one of them is a cyborg and they're both gay. It'll be my first chaptered fic with gay boys and I'm very excited about it. My Pinterest boards for this story are poppin.

Constellation Hearts is for Fae's Gods contest. I picked this aesthetic, which I absolutely love, and Ella made me a gorgeous layout. This'll be my first story featuring gay girls, which I'm also super excited for. ALL THE GAY. I CAN'T WAIT.


Have I mentioned that her stories are the bomb? She writes so good when she’s not hunting for Pokémon in Canada.
LIZ CHECK HER STORIES OUT PEOPLE.
Okay, I am sorry again. That was a bad joke too. Stop, Kimi, you should stop.

Yes, I fucked up the coding a lot.
August 6th, 2016 at 07:22pm