Stay Safe, Homies

Hey y'all. Just here to say watch yo kids. Watch yo wife. *suddenly forgets everything else that guy said*

Today I got texts from two numbers I don't know. One said, "Hey! I'm your friend's (we'll call my friend Johnny Appleseed because I'm having a throwback to learning about this guy in first grade) manager and he said you're interested in an amazing job opportunity. I want to interview you. How does skyping you at 9 AM tomorrow sound?"

The other one said, "Heyyyy".

The first one I KNEW was bullshit because of how unprofessional it sounded so I didn't reply to that one. I replied with "who is this?" to the second one.

Second number said, "I'm Kyle. A close friend of Johnny Appleseed's. I was wondering if you would like to get coffee sometime?"

Me: "he's away at school"

Second number: "not from what he told me."

I didn't respond and instead sent a screenshot to Johnny Appleseed. He freaked and sent me another screenshot. His text was from the same number and said, "I'm Joanna. A close friend of Dom's."

Then the first number said, "Please respond so we know if you're considering this amazing opportunity. Respond. Respond now. Blocked!" Lol okay. If you wanna fool me at least try to sound professional.

I knew what was happening because this has happened to me, my parents, and multiple friend's before. I knew right away the first number wasn't Johnny Appleseed's manager because the area code was a Chicago area code and his manager has one from the suburbs.

All me and my friends could do in the past was block the numbers and report them to police. Whether or not the Chicago Police Department does something about it, who fucking knows. But Johnny Appleseed was freaking out because it never happened to him before. He told the number to stop harassing us and then the number tried proving he knows me, but he couldn't even say what my last name was or what my actual first name is. But I had to tell Johnny Appleseed to stay safe because both numbers knew his first and last name.

So yeah. That's how my day is going. Like I said, stay safe, guys! If you ever get texts like the first number all I can say is NEVER respond and repot it immediately, because that's what people do to lure in victims. If you get texts like the second number, make sure your friends really don't know who it is, and then report them too.

That's al for now.

Ciao a tutti!
August 9th, 2016 at 09:05pm